Eight ways to stay sane before and on A levels results day
by StudyMalaysia on August 10, 2020 | Top Stories
A levels results day is looming near. It’s a big day for students who plan to pursue higher education at university or college. The anxiety that builds up before you get your results can be nerve wracking but here are some quick tips on how to keep calm and level-headed.
Before results day…
- As hard as it might seem, try to get some sleep the night before. The less you’re awake, the less you’ll be worrying!
- Distract yourself – whether it’s an online game, a K-drama series, or playing in a football match, find ways to occupy your thoughts and yourself.
- Start checking out universities so that you know what their admission requirements are and make a list of courses that interest you.
On results day…
- Remember when we said to sleep early? Yup, this is so you can wake up early and arrive at your school/college early.
- Remain calm.
- If your grades aren’t what you’re hoping for, it’s not the end of the world… you still have options! Explore the entry requirements at various universities to find out what their minimum entry is. You might be pleasantly surprised.
- Try not to compare your results with your friends—this almost always ends up with someone feeling lousy.
- Speak to an education adviser or a career counsellor to decide what your next steps are.
Good luck, everyone!