Should I Study Medicine?
by StudyMalaysia.com on August 25, 2016 | Top Stories
Being the smartest in your class or the top student in your district is not good enough a reason to study medicine. Are you thinking of medical school because it is what people around you expect of you? While pursuing a career in medicine has many benefits, you may want to rethink the reasons for your decision before you apply.
Many people expect the smartest students in school to take up a medical degree. Are good grades the most important factor in determining if medicine is right for you? Well, good grades is definitely a prerequisite, and depending on the university you apply to, getting a seat to study medicine can be very competitive. Read on to find out some advice shared on the web on the good (and not-so- good) reasons why you should study medicine.
|Reasons to study medicine||And the not-so-good reasons|
If you like the healthcare field but do not want to go to medical school, check out these careers:
- Dietitian or Nutritionist
- Medical assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Radiation technologist
- Registered nurse
- Respiratory therapist
- Speech language-pathologist
Sources for this article include:
- Huffington Post, 5 Reasons Why You Probably Shouldn’t Go to Medical School
- Medical School Headquarters, MSHQ 045: 5 Reasons to Go To Medical School, and 5 to Not
- O*NET OnLine
- Top 10 reasons to study medicine
- Medicine and Healthcare – Find the Career that Fits
- Careers in medicine and health science that you should consider
- Top medical and healthcare courses in Malaysia
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Attention school leavers! Applying for scholarships? Check this list f...
- Are you the go-to person when your friends have a computer or gadget q...
- With the Movement Control Order (MCO) due to Covid 19 pandemic extende...