- Search Results
- Scholarships Explained!
Scholarship / Fund / Loan
- Deadline: OngoingEnrolling into BERJAYA University College offers any of our students the unique opportunity to prepare themselves for their future careers in a manner that is unlike any other. Due to our established heritage in conglomerate business and entrepreneur...Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingFinancial Aid is intended to help needy students finance their studies in TAR UC. Financial aid consists of scholarships, grants and study loans.Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingThe TAR UC Merit Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students in the form of tuition fee waiver of up to 100%. Candidates who meet the scholarship criteria will be automatically offered the Merit Scholarship (Terms & Conditions Apply).Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingThe financial assistance is provided by the Royal Widad Foundation (RWF) to promising students from low-income families to pursue their dreams of obtaining tertiary education. The award of this financial aid is at the discretion of the Foundation and...Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingThe "Koon Yew Yin Scholarship for Foundation in Science" has been established from the donation contributed by Mr. Koon Yew Yin. This scholarship is open to students residing in Perak in pursuing full time Foundation in Science program.Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingSEARCA's Graduate Study Program was initiated in School Year 1968/1969. Over five decades, the scope of the Graduate Study Program has expanded to include institutional development, networking, and services to enhance graduate education in the region...Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingImperium International College welcomes high achieving new and continuing students to apply for scholarships and study awards.Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingWe understand that different students will have different financial situations, so we work with a variety of education loan and scholarship providers to ensure that our students get the very best options to fulfil their education financial needs.Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingIUMW offer a wide range of scholarships, fee waivers, study loans and more to assist students financially in pursuing their higher education at IUMW. Apply now by filling in your details in the form provided.Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingYSD Skill Enrichment Bursary Programme is a dedicated and structured platform established by YSD in support of the national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) education agenda with the aim to award more bursaries for underprivileg...Ongoing
Financial Aid Providers
In Malaysia, the sponsors of financial aid come from various categories. These include scholarships and loans offered by the government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector, government-linked companies and trade associations.
Types of Financial Aid
Higher education is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. With the increasing cost of education, planning ahead is essential to finance your education. So what are some options you can explore? Here are some common ways students seek financial aid.
Scholarships are monetary awards given based on academic or other achievements and are non-repayable, which means you won't have to pay the money back. Scholarships are awarded by the government, non-government organisations, corporations and independent foundations.
You may have heard people using the terms 'scholarship' and 'bursary' interchangeably, however, bursaries are usually non-competitive and automatic, and often based on financial need without emphasis on academic standing.
Grants are similar to scholarships and also don't have to be repaid. The difference is that grants are often need-based while scholarships are usually merit-based. Grants are also given to students who carry out academic research projects.
- Education Funds
Education Funds are Scholarships or loans provided by the Government / foundation / private educational institutions / financial institutions to reduce the burden of financing a student's education expenses, whether locally or overseas.
- Tuition Fee Waiver or Discount
Many private higher education institutions in Malaysia offer partial or full tuition fee waivers or discounts based on merit (e.g. academic, sports, leadership roles). Recipients are often required to maintain a minimum CGPA to continue enjoying the tuition fee waiver.
- Unit Trusts & Insurance Schemes
These are typically investment schemes that parents undertake for several years to secure financial funding for their child's higher education.
Loans are financial obligations that must be repaid. Loans are mostly provided by private sector or government bodies.
Financing for Higher Education
The cost of tertiary education does not come cheap, but it is a lifetime investment for your future. Therefore whether your parents can afford your entire or partial cost of tertiary education, you are advised to go through this pathway in order to be competitive in your career advancement. If your family cannot afford the cost, you may work while studying part-time or look for some forms of scholarship, study grant, loan or other sources of financial aid to help you to pay for your education.
Read the article on Scholarships & Study Loans for Higher Education here.