- Search Results
- Scholarships Explained!
Scholarship / Fund / Loan
- Deadline: 14 February 2024 (Submission of Online Application Forms); 21 February 2024 (Submission of Printed Application Forms)In year 2020, Kuok Foundation started offering a Scholarship on a yearly basis to assist ONE Malaysian student to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies at selected British Universities. Please refer to the attached announcement for mor...14 February 2024 (Submission of Online Application Forms); 21 February 2024 (Submission of Printed Application Forms)
- Deadline: OngoingThe TAR UMT Merit Scholarship is awarded to outstanding Malaysian students in the form of tuition fee waiver of up to 100%. Candidates who meet the scholarship criteria will be automatically offered the Merit Scholarship (Terms & Conditions Apply...Ongoing
- Deadline: 29 February 2024As part of IGBIS’s commitment to providing highly motivated and talented students with an exceptional educational experience, IGBIS also offers full IB DP and CP Academic Scholarships to students who are proficient in English, demonstrate outstandi...29 February 2024
- Deadline: 8 January 2024Nexus International School is proud to provide learners with the opportunity to experience an outstanding international education in a culturally diverse environment. We are pleased to offer Full, Partial and Boarding Scholarships for the August 2024...8 January 2024
- Deadline: OngoingKini dengan Skim Bursari BP40 khas Yayasan Sarawak, pelajar Bumiputera Sarawak boleh mendapatkan pendidikan Australia bertaraf dunia dan ijazah Curtin yang diiktiraf dunia dengan yuran pengajian yang setara dengan yuran IPTA. Skim ini memberi peluang...Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingWe offer scholarships aimed at overseas students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement.Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingPMG Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship program for undergraduate students pursuing PHARMACY fields. It is designed to support and encourage students in their pursuit of higher education and provide job guarantees to them.Ongoing
- Deadline: The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.GREAT Scholarships offer students the opportunity to receive £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses in the 2024-25 academic year at universities across the UK.The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Deadline: 15 December 2023Exciting news! The Edinburgh Business School awards scholarships for their Heriot-Watt University Malaysia campus MBA programme. Submit your application by 15 December 2023.15 December 2023
- Deadline: 15 December 2023The 30% Club Malaysia and Edinburgh Business School are delighted to announce that for a seventh year, a scholarship to attend the part-time MBA programme at the Heriot-Watt University Malaysia campus will be offered to an entrepreneurial woman. The ...15 December 2023
Financial Aid Providers
In Malaysia, the sponsors of financial aid come from various categories. These include scholarships and loans offered by the government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector, government-linked companies and trade associations.
Types of Financial Aid
Higher education is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. With the increasing cost of education, planning ahead is essential to finance your education. So what are some options you can explore? Here are some common ways students seek financial aid.
Scholarships are monetary awards given based on academic or other achievements and are non-repayable, which means you won't have to pay the money back. Scholarships are awarded by the government, non-government organisations, corporations and independent foundations.
You may have heard people using the terms 'scholarship' and 'bursary' interchangeably, however, bursaries are usually non-competitive and automatic, and often based on financial need without emphasis on academic standing.
Grants are similar to scholarships and also don't have to be repaid. The difference is that grants are often need-based while scholarships are usually merit-based. Grants are also given to students who carry out academic research projects.
- Education Funds
Education Funds are Scholarships or loans provided by the Government / foundation / private educational institutions / financial institutions to reduce the burden of financing a student's education expenses, whether locally or overseas.
- Tuition Fee Waiver or Discount
Many private higher education institutions in Malaysia offer partial or full tuition fee waivers or discounts based on merit (e.g. academic, sports, leadership roles). Recipients are often required to maintain a minimum CGPA to continue enjoying the tuition fee waiver.
- Unit Trusts & Insurance Schemes
These are typically investment schemes that parents undertake for several years to secure financial funding for their child's higher education.
Loans are financial obligations that must be repaid. Loans are mostly provided by private sector or government bodies.
Financing for Higher Education
The cost of tertiary education does not come cheap, but it is a lifetime investment for your future. Therefore whether your parents can afford your entire or partial cost of tertiary education, you are advised to go through this pathway in order to be competitive in your career advancement. If your family cannot afford the cost, you may work while studying part-time or look for some forms of scholarship, study grant, loan or other sources of financial aid to help you to pay for your education.
Read the article on Scholarships & Study Loans for Higher Education here.