- Search Results
- Scholarships Explained!
Scholarship / Fund / Loan
- Deadline: 15 December 2023This scholarship will provide financial support to Malaysian students who commence an undergraduate or a postgraduate program in 2024.15 December 2023
- Deadline: OngoingKWBTSM grants educational study loans to deserving students who are financially disadvantaged and currently enrolled in tertiary educational institutions. These study loans are repayable through monthly instalments commencing from a month after the s...Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingThe AMMA Foundation was established in 1980, as a Company limited by guarantee and not having Share Capital. Its principal objective is to assist needy Malaysians to pursue their studies at approved institutions of higher learning in Malaysia. The Fo...Ongoing
- Deadline: OngoingThe Foundation offers the Study Loan to selected and deserving students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing their tertiary education.Ongoing
- Deadline: 30 November 2023Daikin Malaysia is now open for application of our Scholarship program for the year 2023.30 November 2023
- Deadline: 31 December 2023BSIB Rising Star Scholarship Programme is designed to support promising students in their academic pursuits and career path with Berjaya Sompo Insurance. We believe education is the key to success and we are committed to supporting the next generatio...31 December 2023
- Deadline: OngoingSunway Medical Centre is rapidly expanding, and we want you to be part of our nursing workforce of the future. Good news is this - we are currently offering full scholarships for degree and diploma in nursing with 100% coverage of tuition fees and li...Ongoing
- Deadline: 19 October 2023All applicants must be Malaysian citizen, proficient in English, passionate, energetic high achiever who is committed to self-development, driven to excel and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and hold leadership positions at ...19 October 2023
- Deadline: 30 October 2023Delloyd Foundation financial aid programme is developed to benefit Malaysian students from low-income families. The foundation believes that providing scholarships is about providing opportunities and giving chances to students to have the higher edu...30 October 2023
- Deadline: 30 October 2023Delloyd Foundation scholarship programme is developed to benefit Malaysian students from low-income families. The foundation believes that providing scholarships is about providing opportunities and giving chances to students to have the higher educa...30 October 2023
Financial Aid Providers
In Malaysia, the sponsors of financial aid come from various categories. These include scholarships and loans offered by the government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector, government-linked companies and trade associations.
Types of Financial Aid
Higher education is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. With the increasing cost of education, planning ahead is essential to finance your education. So what are some options you can explore? Here are some common ways students seek financial aid.
Scholarships are monetary awards given based on academic or other achievements and are non-repayable, which means you won't have to pay the money back. Scholarships are awarded by the government, non-government organisations, corporations and independent foundations.
You may have heard people using the terms 'scholarship' and 'bursary' interchangeably, however, bursaries are usually non-competitive and automatic, and often based on financial need without emphasis on academic standing.
Grants are similar to scholarships and also don't have to be repaid. The difference is that grants are often need-based while scholarships are usually merit-based. Grants are also given to students who carry out academic research projects.
- Education Funds
Education Funds are Scholarships or loans provided by the Government / foundation / private educational institutions / financial institutions to reduce the burden of financing a student's education expenses, whether locally or overseas.
- Tuition Fee Waiver or Discount
Many private higher education institutions in Malaysia offer partial or full tuition fee waivers or discounts based on merit (e.g. academic, sports, leadership roles). Recipients are often required to maintain a minimum CGPA to continue enjoying the tuition fee waiver.
- Unit Trusts & Insurance Schemes
These are typically investment schemes that parents undertake for several years to secure financial funding for their child's higher education.
Loans are financial obligations that must be repaid. Loans are mostly provided by private sector or government bodies.
Financing for Higher Education
The cost of tertiary education does not come cheap, but it is a lifetime investment for your future. Therefore whether your parents can afford your entire or partial cost of tertiary education, you are advised to go through this pathway in order to be competitive in your career advancement. If your family cannot afford the cost, you may work while studying part-time or look for some forms of scholarship, study grant, loan or other sources of financial aid to help you to pay for your education.
Read the article on Scholarships & Study Loans for Higher Education here.