|Deadline||30 October 2020|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Alice Smith School has been serving the community of Kuala Lumpur since 1946, and throughout that time has prided itself on providing outstanding academic rigour accompanied by an impactful holistic education. With over 40 nationalities, we understand and celebrate the diversity of our community which enriches the lives of us all.
As a not-for-profit school from the very beginning, we recognise the importance of reinvesting every ringgit of school fees into student learning which remains at the very heart of what we do. To echo and reinforce our commitment to our local community, we offer the following scholarship programmes which allow students to excel, thereby giving them access to the best universities in the world. In this way, we hope that all our students reach for the stars.
The Reach for the Stars scholarships are partial scholarships covering up to 50% of fees, and are awarded on the basis of excellent academic attainment or talent in, for example the arts or sports. Interested scholars will need to show strong academic performance and be an outstanding model student. This scholarship is awarded to external students prior to both (I)GCSE and A Level programmes.
The A Level Reach for the Stars Scholarship is issued to students applying for either:
- late entry 18-month A Level programme (January 2021 intake - likely to be students completing (I)GCSE or equivalent in December)
- 2-year A Level Programme (August 2021 intake - likely to be currently (I)GCSE students)
The (I)GCSE Reach for the Stars Scholarship is issued to students applying for:
- 2-year (I)GCSE Programme (January 2021 or August 2021 intake)
How to Apply
The application must be submitted no later than Friday 30th October 2020 to the following address:
Ms Agnes Chang
The Alice Smith School
No. 3 Jalan Equine
Equine Park, 43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email: [email protected]
These are the documents required to apply for an Alice Smith Scholarship:
- Completed application form.
- A 250-word personal statement (see notes below).
- A copy of your SPM/(I)GCSE or equivalent curriculum forecast exam results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities; either sports, music, arts, or community service.
- You must be able to meet the criteria for entry into our School. Please click here for more information.
- The Alice Smith School is a day school, located in Equine Park, Seri Kembangan, some 20 minutes south of Kuala Lumpur. Whilst transport is available, we use a private bus company and thus the scholarship does not cover transportation fees. Transportation routes are restricted to existing routes. Please click here for more details.
- The Reach for the Stars Scholarships are partial scholarships which include all tuition fees, building levy and enrolment fees. All textbooks and materials, external examination fees, and curriculum-based visits are also covered within the scholarship. Food and optional school visits, however, are not included. Additional payments will be required for extracurricular activities not covered in the normal range offered by school, or for surplus on trips.
- Your 250-word personal statement is your opportunity to tell the Alice Smith School why you should become an Alice Smith Scholar. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to the A Level programme, and the extracurricular activities offered at Alice Smith. You also need to demonstrate your ability to fit into an international environment and to aim high in your future goals. You also need to demonstrate that you are a well-rounded student, with both academic and other interests. You may wish to include photographs or videos with your written statement.