|16 April 2022
|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
|Local & international
The ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship programme is a partnership between Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Secretariat. It is one of the ASEAN-level initiatives undertaken by Maybank Foundation, a newly accredited ASEAN entity, with the aim to “promote an innovative ASEAN approach to higher education”, which is one of the strategic measures listed in the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025.
The scholarship programme is designed to provide young, talented and deserving ASEAN nationals with full scholarships to pursue their undergraduate programme at a prestigious university outside their own countries, but within the ASEAN region, and in the process promote intra-ASEAN integration.
“We are proud to partner with ASEAN to deliver this ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship programme. This is our way of investing in the future generation through education. It also aligns with our mission to humanise financial services and support one of our four sustainability commitments of improving the lives of one million households across ASEAN by 2025.”
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Zamzamzairani
The first intake of scholars under the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship programme will be in 2022, and through ASEAN Foundation and in cooperation with the ASEAN University Network, the focus will initially be on placing selected scholars in top public universities in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines and gradually expanding it to the remaining ASEAN countries. The ASEAN University Network membership currently stands at 30 member universities in the 10 ASEAN Member States with its Secretariat based at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok.
To be eligible for the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship, applicants must meet all the below requirements:
- A citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states
- Possess excellent academic qualifications and is active in extracurricular activities
- Graduated with a pre-university study with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent
- Field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme
- Received admission letter or letter of offer from a university within the ASEAN University Network membership
WHAT DOES THE ASEAN-MAYBANK SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME OFFER?
Potential scholars will undergo a rigorous selection process. Maybank Foundation & ASEAN Foundation will jointly screen shortlisted candidates and make the final selection for approval.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Fully paid tuition fees.
- Allowance for monthly stipend + accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy class air passage.
- Subsidised medical benefit (out-patient) and accident insurance coverage and other incidental expenses.
DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES & INTERNSHIP:
Recipients of the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship will have the chance to experience thrilling internship opportunities. Scholars can have internship and holiday break assignment programmes at the ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN Foundation, or Maybank offices regionally, as well as participate as volunteers in Maybank Foundation’s existing flagship programmes regionally.
Upon graduation, scholars will serve a 3-year bond at either Maybank, the ASEAN Secretariat, or ASEAN Foundation.
SPONSORED PROGRAMMES INCLUDE:
- Actuarial Science
- Business Management
- Data Science, Economics
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Political Science
- Risk Management
- Social Work
- Future Ready Related Course (For Example: Computer Programming, Web Development, Software Development, Mobile Application Development, UI / UX Design, Data Science, etc.)
Online application will be closed on 16 April 2022
For further inquiries, email us at [email protected]