|11 June 2023
|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
|Local & international
Everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue what they love doing. How many have that option?
At CIMB, we are committed towards helping young talent in need to realise their dreams. We go beyond providing financial support by also providing professional development and a mentor support system designed to empower the region's young talent to build a bright future and make a difference for those around them.
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a highly selective, full scholarship for exceptional students from ASEAN countries in which CIMB has a presence. We are looking for individuals fueled up to go beyond the ordinary.
In recognition of the evolving nature of the banking industry, CIMB welcomes applicants from a wide variety of academic disciplines.
We have previously sponsored applicants studying Computer Science, Data Science and Psychology, in addition to applicants pursuing degrees traditionally associated with a career in banking such as Accounting, Economics and Finance.
Applications for the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship will be open from 26 May 2023 – 11 June 2023
The Scholarship Award:
- Career mentoring
Direct access to our friendly team of mentors that coach and support our scholars throughout the programme
- Career experience and opportunities
A chance to launch your career with CIMB. Internships and post-graduation employment opportunities are included
- Full scholarship coverage
Our funding includes our scholars’ tuition fees, living allowances and other incidental expenses
- Global networking opportunities
Immerse yourself in CIMB’s ASEAN culture through our regional events. Network with colleagues from across the globe and speak with our senior leaders
- CIMB cultural assimilation
Benefit from our integrated development programmes designed to turbocharge your personal and professional skills and development
- A citizen of either Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines.
- Aspire to pursue a career in the financial and banking industry.
- Applicants who are about to start their undergraduate degree or Master’s programme or those who have already started and have a minimum of one full academic year remaining.
- Min. CGPA of 3.25/4.0 score or equivalent with excellent academic track record and active in curricular activities.
- Applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship that comes with contractual obligations such as a service bond.
The selection of suitable candidates for the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship will be based primarily on the following:
- The next generation of change-makers.
You must not only be able to adapt easily to change, we want you to embrace it and thrive in a synergistic environment.
- A strong ability to communicate your thoughts is key.
Candidates are expected to be able to listen with empathy and communicate with impact.
- A strong academic track record and an active participation in extracurricular activities.
We prioritise individuals with robust leadership, team work and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think outside the box.
Individuals that can demonstrate creativity and innovativeness in providing solutions and solving real problems.
CIMB Group reserves the right to amend these criteria from time to time.
More information, click HERE: https://bit.ly/3pUa7vO