|Deadline||9th February 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Garden International School is proud to offer scholarships for Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10 or Year 12 to deserving students who can develop their talent and effectively contribute at a high level as part of the school community.
The aims of the programme are to encourage and motivate students to strive for excellence and to ensure students deserving of an outstanding education are not constrained by financial considerations.
Scholarship Key Information
- Tuition Fee Waiver - Significant reduction in Tuition Fee
- Registration Fee Waiver - 100% Application & Registration Fee Waiver (worth over RM20K)
- Year Group - Open to students joining Year 7 to 10 and Year 12 (11-17 years old)
- Eligibility - All Malaysian passport holders. Applicants should have:
- Exemplary academic and/or co-curricular achievements to date
- A commitment to helping others
- Highly developed collaborative skills
- A capacity for abstract levels of thinking and reasoning
- Others - Application fee is waived.
- The following fees and costs are not included in the Scholarship Programme : Technology Fee, Deposit, Uniform, Books in Years 10 to 13, Camps, Trips, Macbook/iPads, Cafeteria, and any other applicable fees.
- Only applicable to new students
*Terms and conditions apply
Types of Scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded to students who can demonstrate significant excellence in either academic or co-curricular performance. To be considered for a scholarship, students need to be applying enter Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10 or 12 in August 2018. The Scholarship Awards will represent a significant reduction in school tuition fees. Successful candidates will also benefit from the Application Fee (RM1,300) and Registration Fee (RM20,000) being waived.
These scholarships are available for Malaysian students (Malaysian passport holders) currently attending public or private/international schools.
Applicants should have exemplary academic and/or co-curricular achievements to date, a commitment to helping others, highly developed collaborative skills and a capacity for abstract levels of thinking and reasoning.
Each student is eligible to receive no more than one type of scholarship per academic year. It is anticipated that the scholarship will be renewed each year subject to excellent academic performance and continued contribution to academics or a co-curricular area at an extremely high level.
Scholarship applications are accepted from 12th December 2017 to 9th February 2018 for admission into Term 1, 2018/19 in August 2018.
Applicants are required to submit the following information:-
- Scholarship Application form, Birth Certificate and Passport
- Please complete all sections of this application form accurately and provide a copy of Birth Certificate and Passport. The application form can be downloaded here.
- Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Please read and sign the scholarship Y7 – 12 terms and conditions. The Scholarship Terms and Conditions can be downloaded here.
- Personal Statement
- Please write a Personal Statement of yourself, detailing your strengths and abilities and how you can contribute to being a student of Garden International School.
- Application to Years 7 – 9:
- A copy of the most recent school report and UPSR certificate (if applicable).
- Other certificates – Copy of awards and certificates of academic and co-curricular achievements
- Teacher’s Recommendation
- Reference letter from a teacher at the current school highlighting academic and co-curricular achievements in school.
- Supporting Documents
- A copy of the 2016 BE form completed for the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia to indicate family household income.
- Application to Years 7 – 9:
Send your completed application form, personal statement and supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
GARDEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
16, JALAN KIARA 3, OFF BUKIT KIARA, 50480
Applications will be accepted until 9th February 2018 for admission into Term 1, 2018/19 in August 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will take a test at Garden International School.
The Final Decision will be announced via letters.