|The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
|Study Local or Abroad?
GREAT Scholarships offer students the opportunity to receive £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses in the 2024-25 academic year at universities across the UK.
For the 2024-25 academic year, postgraduate scholarships are available to students from Malaysia at the following institutions.
Please visit the university pages below to find out which courses scholarships are available for and information on how to apply.
UK universities offering GREAT Scholarships
Arts University Bournemouth
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Arts University Bournemouth, a creative community focused on art, design, architecture, media and performance.
Brunel University London
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Brunel University London, a university combining a technical focus with research excellence.
Imperial College London
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Imperial College London, a specialist community focusing solely on science, engineering, medicine and business.
King's Business School
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at King's Business School, a leading management institution in the heart of London.
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Lancaster University, a beautiful parkland campus in north west England.
University of Edinburgh
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships available at the University of Edinburgh, founded in 1583, the university is one of six ancient universities in the UK.
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at Trinity Laban in London, a leading centre of music and dance.
University College London
Learn about GREAT scholarships on offer to study at University College London (UCL), one of the world's highest-ranking universities.
University of Bath
Learn more about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Bath, a university with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research, student satisfaction, and graduate employment.
University of Essex
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at The University of Essex, a truly international university, with students from more than 140 countries.
University of Sheffield
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at University of Sheffield, a university with a global reputation for excellence and a strong focus on employability.
The University of St Andrews
Learn more about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of St Andrews, a university consistently ranked as one of the top in the UK.
University of Westminster
Learn about the GREAT Scholarships on offer at the University of Westminster, an international institution embracing global engagement in all its forms.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Malaysia.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.