|Deadline||31 May 2020|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Hong Leong Foundation offers scholarships to Malaysians intending to pursue further studies in Diploma or Undergraduate Degree programme. The scholarship is offered annually and the call for application starts on 1st April and ends 31st of May each year.
The scholarship is awarded to those pursuing in Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Undergraduate Studies (1st degree course in ANY course or field of studies on full time basis at recognised public and private universities and colleges in Malaysia.
The selected scholarship recipient will receive:
|Undergraduate courses in Public Universities||RM 8,500 / = p.a.|
|Diploma/Advanced Diploma courses in Public & local Private Universities||RM 6,000 / = p.a.|
|Undergraduate studies at local private universities ("3+0" degree programmes on full-time and on-campus basis)||up to RM24,000 / = p.a.|
|Medicine/Dentistry courses in local Private Universities||up to RM32,000 / = p.a.|
The HLF Undergraduate Scholarship is a non-bonding scholarship.
Requirements for Eligibility
- This scholarship is NOT applicable for:
- Preparatory courses for university or college (e.g. pre-university or pre-college foundation studies and/or programmes)
- International twinning programmes
- Masters or PhD or any other postgraduate programmes
- Must be a Malaysian citizen
- Must be at least 17, and under 25 years of age
- Obtained a minimum academic result of:
- 8As in SPM or 6As in UEC; and/or
- CGPA 3.5 in STPM/Matriculation/A-Level/Foundation/Diploma/Degree
- Applied for and expecting to receive an offer for a Diploma or Undergraduate Degree programme in any course in any of the local institutions recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)(http://bit.do/MalaysianQualificationsAgency).
- Total monthly household income must be RM 3,000 and below.
- Display genuine financial need to further studies.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate leadership qualities; who excel in extra-curricular activities and/or sports; and/or who actively engage in community service.
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- You are required to complete ALL the compulsory sections, and ensure that you provide complete and accurate details. The information is very important for our evaluation process. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to bring along the original or certified true copy supporting documents to the interview.
- Please note that the information you enter on this form cannot be saved. Please prepare the answers prior to starting the application.
- You are required to share - "Reason For Apply This Scholarship" as set out in the application form. Please answer this question in not more than 200 words. The writing MUST BE original and every writing submitted will be analysed by plagiarism detection software.
- Additionally, you are required to upload the following documents:
- Latest examination results
- Total household monthly income
- Parent’s or guardian’s NRIC number
Application Deadline and other Information
- Scholarship applications starts from 1st APRIL 2020 until 31st MAY 2020 at 11.59pm ("Closing Date").
- Applications received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- The process of selecting scholars under this programme takes a minimum of 3 months from the Closing Date to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
- Shortlisting of online applications. (1 Month)
- Interview session for shortlisted candidates. (1 Month)
*If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to bring along the original or certified true copy supporting documents to the interview.
- Final selection of 2020 Hong Leong Foundation scholars (1 Month)
- Hong Leong Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Award Ceremony (September 2020)
- Successful applicants wishing to take up their Hong Leong Undergraduate Scholarship award will have to agree to the terms and conditions of the award.
Please take note of the following:-
- The information collected in this application form including sensitive personal data and any other information on you obtained from other available sources (collectively, 'Personal Data') shall only be used by Hong Leong Foundation (the 'Company') and the Hong Leong Group of companies ('Hong Leong Companies);
- Failure to supply the Personal Data as requested will result in the Foundation being unable to process your scholarship application;
- In the event that your application for scholarship is successful, the Foundation may require additional Personal Data to be collected from you from time to time throughout the period of your scholarship with the Foundation;
How To Apply
- You have to apply online.
- You must have a GMAIL email account to complete the online application form.
- You may use your existing GMAIL account or if you don’t have one, do create a GMAIL email account to proceed with application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next phase - Interview Session.