|Deadline||7 January 2022|
|Organisation Type||Private Higher Educational Institutions|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
In its commitment to achieving ISKL’s vision and mission, ISKL will be offering the ISKL Pathways Scholarship, for two Malaysian students who have or will complete their Form 3 school assessment in 2021. The scholarships are merit and need-based, and are equivalent to a four-year study of the High School Program, so from Grade 9 to Grade 12.
The scholarships will be granted to deserving and inspirational students who are passionate about gaining the competencies to make a positive impact, and be nurtured and guided in further developing their passions and understanding of the world so they can transform themselves, others and the environment.
Scholarship recipients will have access to high-quality, transdisciplinary pathways that enable every learner to choose the curriculum best suited to their abilities, interests, and aspirations.
The first cohort of scholarship candidates will begin school in August 2022 continuing through to June 2026. The scholarship is equivalent to a four-year study of the High School / Pre University program at The International School of Kuala Lumpur. The Scholarship Award covers the following:
|COSTS COVERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP||COSTS NOT COVERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP|
|Application Fees||The Society for ISKL Membership Fee|
|Tuition and Re-Enrollment Fees||School uniforms|
|Registration Fees||School lunch|
|External Exam Fees|
|Busing is provided upon consultation with the bus contractor and depending on the bus routes and available seats|
|Compulsory Field trips that are not included within the tuition fees|
|Cost for participation in the IASAS sports/activities|
|Global Action Program (ISKL will cover the destination with the lowest cost)|
|Books, Calculator (loaned) and Laptop (loaned)|
The Scholarship Timeline And Key Date
Submit an inquiry and letter of intent/interest for the ISKL Pathway Scholarship on January 7, 2022.
Selection exams for shortlisted candidates will be held on January 24, 2022.
Panel Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on February 14, 2022
Successful candidates will be contacted in March 2022
Scholarship Recipients & Family invited to the Certificate Award Reception on May 31, 2022.
- Academic excellence
- Commitment and leadership in social responsibility
- Demonstrated impact in your local community
- Proven track record of positive outreach initiative, encouraging youth engagement to make our community and the world a better place
- Consistently demonstrates a sense of intrinsic voluntarism
- Strives to be well informed on global issues
- Demonstrates strong collaborative, problem solving, listening, consensus building and leadership skills
- Is committed to being a promoter/active ISKL’s School-wide Learning Results (SLRs)
- is committed to be an active school community member leading vision-aligned students initiatives
- Is conversant in at least two languages
- Completed Form 3 final year school assessment
- Malaysian Identity Card
- Have experience initiating/volunteering for a cause the candidate cares about and believes is fundamental to societal progress.
- The candidate must demonstrate an appropriate scholastic level. Candidates must submit a copy of their report cards, school records/transcript from the past 3 years to Form 3 with completed application forms.
- Personal statement from the applicant
- Confidential Reference Form from the current school
- Extracurricular involvement
- Previous commitment to community service
- Need-based candidates will be prioritized so applicants’ families will need to provide evidence of all required information to assess their eligibility for the scholarship (i.e. tax returns and bank statements).
- Completed ISKL Application for Admission form
- A photocopy of the applicant’s Malaysian Identity Card
For more information, please contact the Admissions office at: [email protected]