|Deadline||26 June 2022|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Scholarships for the above programme by JPA are now open (20 June 2022 at 5 p.m.) for application until 5 p.m. of 26 June 2022.
The scholarship will cover a student’s preparatory studies ( pre-university, foundation) and will be extended to the whole duration of the student’s undergraduate first degree. This scholarship is open to school leavers of SPM 2021 to pursue their tertiary studies locally. Students who show excellent performance of achieving at least a minimum of 9A+ in the SPM 2021 (regardless of the number of subjects taken) will be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Those who are successful in securing the scholarship will be offered places in local colleges or institutions to study their preparatory courses and from there proceed to their first degree studies at public universities, government-linked universities or selected private higher education institutions in Malaysia (refer to Lampiran A, B ,C and D).
Some fields of study not covered by the scholarship include education, nursing, aircraft maintenance licence and professional courses such as Certified Legal Practitioner(CLP) and Chartered Accountancy (CA).
The preparatory studies include A Levels, STPM, STAM, Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT), Matriculation, Asasi, International Baccalaureate and Foundation. Students are not allowed to self-fund their preparatory studies if they are offered the scholarship. Those who do not manage to complete their preparatory studies OR do not score the minimum grades (HKA - see below) set by JPA will have the scholarship terminated.
Had Kecemerlangan Akademik (HKA) - Final Results of the Preparatory Studies
|STAM||Peringkat Sayyid Jiddan with at least 4 subjects|
|International Baccalaureate||34 points|
|AUSMAT||Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) 85%|
Factors for eligibility:
- Malaysian citizen
- In good health
- Parents are not blacklisted by JPA
- Not receiving other sponsorships for the same course
- Sat for SPM 2021 as a first-timer
- Not more than 19 years of age (or 20 for Remove students) on the 31 December of the year SPM was taken.
- Priority will be given to students from families under the income category B40 and M40.
- Must achieve a minimum of 9A+ in any subjects regardless of the number of subjects taken.
- Begin the preparatory course before 31 December of the year the scholarship is offered
- Students can make their application through the JPA official website from 20 - 26 June 2022. The closing date is 26 June 2022 (Sunday) at 5 p.m.
- The Program Khas Lepasan SPM Dalam Negara confirmation slip must be printed out by the student as proof that submission has been made.
- JPA will then shortlist candidates to attend the Student Assessment Centre (SAC). The purpose of the SAC is to ensure that the best scholars are selected.
- The SAC is scheduled for 4 - 7 July 2022 and will be held at various interview zones.
- Results will be announced on the JPA website by 29 July 2022 (Friday)
Sponsorship for this programme is in the form of Pinjaman Boleh Ubah (PBU) or convertible loan which means it can be converted to a full or partial scholarship.
The following are the terms set by JPA:
- The loan will be converted to a full scholarship (no repayment needed) if the student serves as a public servant in the civil service upon graduation.
- A 25% loan repayment is required if the student works in a government-linked company (GLC) upon graduation.
- A 50% loan repayment is required if student works in the private sector in Malaysia upon graduation.
- In all other situations besides the above, full repayment of the loan is required.
Dates to take note of are:
|Application opens||20 June 2022|
|Application closes||26 June 2022|
|Check SAC appointment||1 July 2022|
|SAC Interviews||4 July 2022 - 7 July 2022|
|Announcement of results||29 July 2022|
Good luck and good wishes from Studymalaysia.
Produced by STUDYMALAYSIA (StudyMalaysia.com)