|Deadline||30 June 2020|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
OCBC offers bond-free scholarships to help bright and talented youths from tertiary education institutions pursue their academic dreams. As an OCBC scholar, you will take on an internship and experience what it’s like to be a part of the OCBC family.
At OCBC Bank, their philosophy is to nurture talented and outstanding individuals by providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities to help develop their full potential through quality education. Since the 1970s, the OCBC Public Scholarship has been providing financial assistance to help bright and promising youths in achieving their ambitions.
Apart from financial assistance to support both tuition fees and daily living expenses, they also provide scholars with priority internship opportunities to gain hands-on experiences while working on projects. Take a sneak peek at day-to-day operations and leap at the chance to network with their professionals. OCBC engage their graduating scholars in Career Conversations as they understands the importance of being prepared when you enter the workforce.
The scholarship is open to students who have gained admission or are eligible for admission into first year full-time undergraduate studies at all public and private universities recognised by the Government of Malaysia. They also welcome first year students of these universities to apply.
If you have excellent STPM/Matriculation results with leadership and extra-curricular records, and are enrolling for a full-time undergraduate course, you are invited to apply today.
- Malaysian citizen
- Minimum 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or 5As in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Minimum 2As in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); or 2As in GCE A-Level
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 in Matriculation/Foundation Studies
- Minimum CGPA of 3.50 for existing first year undergraduates
- Holds leadership positions in extra-curricular activities, societies and clubs in school/university
- Possesses a dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from any other organisations and/or institutions
- Family household income of no more than RM 7,000 monthly
Courses that meet the Bank’s needs
What’s in it for you?
Two categories of scholarship are offered. The annual value of each is as follow:
- RM12,000 per year per student who has gained admission into a selected Malaysian public university
- RM23,000 per year per student who has gained admission into a selected Malaysian private university
The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to complete a course leading to a first degree - subject to consistent and excellent academic performance.
All candidates will be required to avail themselves for employment at OCBC Bank. However, if for any reason the Bank decides this is not needed, or is unable to employ the candidate, it will duly release him or her from this requirement.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete the application form that can be downloaded here
- Prepare an essay of 800 words on the topic below:
- Ensure all documents required are submitted along. You can download the scholarship checklist here.
Please send in completed application form, essay and supporting documents (as listed in the scholarship checklist) to us before or latest on 30th June (annually) to the address below:
OCBC Public Scholarship MALAYSIA
OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
5th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber, 1 Jalan Melaka, 50100 Kuala Lumpur
For enquiries, email us at [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview session.