|Deadline||21 April 2023|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFER?
- Up to RM20,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Our readily available pool of mentors, drawn from PIDM’s own workforce as well as scholars’ alumnus are available to all scholars in providing support, consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. Scholars can tap and leverage on the experiences from the mentoring pool.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates may be offered paid internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (subject to a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowances up to a maximum of RM30,000 per person per annum. During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of 20 successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
This scholarship is open for application from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their degree are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2023).
- Applicants who have completed the Pre-University or are in the final semester of the Pre-University only will be eligible to apply.
- You must have good academic results in SPM (minimum 5As with credits in Bahasa Melayu and English) and STPM or A-Levels equivalent (minimum 2As). In the absence of STPM or A-Levels, the applicant should possess Pre-University entrance examination (such as, foundation, matriculation or diploma), with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (“CGPA”) of 3.50 and above;
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission or is waiting for placement into any of the courses which are relevant to PIDM’s business and have been approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (“MQA”), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Only top universities such as those that are listed in the Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings (“QS”) and Times Higher Education Rankings (“THE”) will be given due consideration.
PRE-REQUISITES AND CONDITIONS
The list of pre-requisites includes:
- A requirement to provide information on income for the applicant and/or parent(s);
- The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with PIDM;
- Recipients of the scholarship award will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY
Preference will be given to courses related to digital skills such as computer science, information technology, data analytics, digitalisation, artificial intelligence, technology design, programming, cyber security and other related courses.
Other fields of study such as risk management, actuarial science, banking & finance, statistics, economics, accounting and sustainability will also be considered.
APPROVED LIST OF COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES
PUBLIC HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah (UniSHAMS)
PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
- University Kuala Lumpur
- Monash University Malaysia
- Taylor’s university
- Sunway University
- The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNM)
- UCSI University
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- Management and Science University (MSU)
- Curtin University Malaysia
- Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus
- SEGI university
If you have any further enquiry, please direct it to [email protected] or contact Ms. Beatrice Low at 03-2173 7475 or Mr. Zulkefli Mohamed Noor at 03-2173 7598.
PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship application is now open.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.