|Deadline||30 June 2019|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, Asia-Pacific region and Sinology to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
Up to now, there have been 934 scholars from 78 countries being accepted by this program. MOFA Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies.
MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is open for application in May and June every year and recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January the next year.
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library: http://ccs.ncl.edu.tw/
The year of 2018 online application period will be from May 1 to June 30, 2019.
Contact person: Ms. Aurora Lee
Tel: +886-2-2361-9132 #317
To know the process of Taiwan fellowship grant and its regulations:
- Read the guidelines of the fellowship.
- Prepare the application documents:
- Resume (including a publication list)
- Research proposal
- Two letters of recommendation or one letter of recommendation and one letter of agreement from the highest administrative director of your institution.
- Fill in the online appllcation and upload the above application documents.
- Applicants should print their complete application form and send all application documents to an R.O.C (Taiwan) Embassy or Representative Office by post.
- The reviewing committee will select candidates based on the comments of R.O.C (Taiwan) Embassy or Representative Office, and inform the applicants of the result by email.
- The candidates should contact ROC universities or research institutions and obtain an admission document for them to do research in Taiwan (admission document).
- The candidates should go to Application Update, upload their admission document, and check the Terms of Agreement.
- The candidates will become the recipients, which will be announced in the News on our website.
- The recipients begin their research in Taiwan (Information for Recipients).