|Deadline||30 November 2017|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Fellowship is an award-winning Leadership Development Programme with a heart.
Join a global community of leaders on a 2-year quest to transform underprivileged communities through education.
Fresh graduates and working professionals are welcome to apply.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be a Malaysian citizen
- Be aged 32 years or younger
- Possess a minimum grade of credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any non-education discipline
- Not possess an Education Qualification to teach in public schools
- Have a strong academic track record (Minimum CGPA of 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper or equivalent
What's In The Fellowship?
On our programme, Fellows learn through direct involvement in a broad variety of roles and responsibilities.
- Pre-Service Programme- Your journey starts with two months of intensive residential training that prepares you to be a leader in the classroom.
- Teaching In School - You will be placed in a high-need school to teach full-time for at least two years, working collaboratively with other teachers, your principal, and community leaders.
- Regional Events - Throughout the two years, you will grow alongside and learn from other Fellows, while leveraging on each other's strengths to create collective impact in your community.
- Completing Your PGDE - During the Fellowship, you will study towards a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) which qualifies you to continue your career in teaching after the two years.
- Initiatives - Plan and implement initiatives beyond your classroom - work with your students to find solutions to the challenges in your school or the
- Networking - You will not be taking on the challenges alone. Connect with leaders from the public and private sectors to create greater impact in your school and community.
AFTER THE FELLOWSHIP
- After completing the 2-year Fellowship, our Fellows become Alumni. Armed with the insight and experience of two years on the Fellowship, our Alumni continue working to solve education inequity, both directly and indirectly, through their careers in various sectors.
- Did you know? The CIMB Fusion programme allows Fellows who have completed their 2 years of teaching to explore the banking industry in their 3rd year. Find out more here.
The Application Process
The process from your initial online application until your assessment centre should take between 6-7 weeks. Your progression through the next stages is dependent on the time of year.
- Online Application - Fill in the form and submit your resume along with a few personal reflections. Read handy tips on how to complete your online application here.
- Phone Interview - Let us get to know you better through a conversation with one of our interviewers.
- Assessment Centre - Prepare and teach a sample lesson to a mock class, participate in a group discussion and attend a one-on-one interview.
- Ujian Kelayakan Calon Guru (UKCG) - Conducted by the Ministry of Education. Shortlisted candidates must be in Malaysia to sit for this exam. This takes place from February onwards.
- Rancangan Orientasi Sekolah (ROS) - Candidates shadow a Fellow for a week to gain practical experience and insight into classroom learning. This takes place during May-September.
- Pre-Service Programme (PSP) - Candidates attend a residential training institute to develop core leadership, home teaching skills and prepare for the Fellowship. This takes place from late October until December.
Start your application now!
Deadline: 30 November 2017