|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
All PhD applications are eligible to be considered for the following discounts and scholarships:
- 25% discount of fee for students who enrol on the programme in its first year.
- 25% High Achiever’s Scholarships for students with either a 1st Bachelor’s degree and/or a Distinction at Master’s Level.
On occasion, UoRM will advertise 100% scholarships to enable the very strongest students to work on specific projects that the University wishes to support. Such awards are advertised at the Provost’s discretion. Provost’s Awards provide 100% discount on fees and a monthly living bursary for a duration of 3 years.
The normal bursary for research students is RM2000 per month but a student suitable for a research/teaching studenship may be eligible for a higher bursary if:
- the relevant Head of Section requires support with programme delivery
- the student is considered suitable to provide such support (which may be only in Year 2 or 3 of their studies)
- the student is willing to spend an average of 1 day/week on such activity
Acceptance of Scholarship
- All students offered scholarships will receive an offer letter together with these Terms and Conditions.
- You will be advised how to accept or reject your scholarship in your offer letter. If you do not complete the acceptance as instructed, your scholarship may be withdrawn.
Scholarship value and payments
- Scholarship value - The total value of your scholarship is outlined in your offer letter.
- Payment of scholarship - The scholarship will be paid directly into your tuition fees account with the University.
Eligibility criteria and conditions of scholarships
- Specific criteria
- To be eligible, you must be applying to study at UORM and applicants must hold UORM's offer as a firm offer.
- Scholarships are awarded based on established eligibility criteria. You must meet the eligibility requirements to receive your scholarship payment. The eligibility requirements for each scholarship are outlined on the UORM website: www.reading.edu.my/scholarships.
- You will be reassessed for eligibility prior to each payment. If UORM determines that you do not meet the eligibility criteria or scholarship conditions at this or any other time, your scholarship may be suspended pending further investigation or terminated.
- Attendance at UORM’s Event
- A Scholarship recipient must agree to become an Ambassador for UORM during the course of your studies. This may involve attending student fairs, welcome receptions and providing testimonials.
- If you attend any events organized by the UORM, photos of you at the event (along with your name and scholarship), may be used for UORM promotional purposes.
- If you do not wish for UORM to use these photos, you must notify the Head of Student Services in writing prior to the event.
- Enrolment requirements
- All scholarships are awarded on the basis that you enrol as a full time student with the UORM and maintain an enrolled status in your course of study. Your scholarship may be terminated if your enrolment status is inactive at census date.
- Scholarship duration
- All scholarships will be paid for the duration of study stated in your offer letter.
- The scholarship granted will only cover the duration of your study at UORM Malaysia Campus. The scholarship is NOT transferable to University of Reading UK campus.
For any enquiries regarding scholarships and other available discounts please contact:
- Toll free:+1800 18 6867
- Tel: +60 (7) 268 6205
- Email : [email protected]