|Deadline||8 August 2020|
|Organisation Type||Private Higher Educational Institutions|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Hope Bursary is awarded to deserving candidates who require financial aid to pursue higher education.
|Criteria||Value of Bursary|
|Students with family income below RM60,000 per annum||50% – 100% waiver on tuition fee|
- The deadline for bursary application with submission of all relevant documents is 8th August 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview within 2 weeks after the application closing date. All shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of application.
- Only successful candidates will be notified via email within 2 weeks after the interview. Applicant must confirm their acceptance of the bursary by registration within 2 weeks, failing which it will be automatically withdrawn.
- Successful recipients are required to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.50 (or equivalent) throughout their duration of study in order to maintain their scholarship.
- This bursary is applicable for Malaysian students only.
How to Apply
Terms & Conditions
- All scholarships, bursaries and discounts offered by UOW Malaysia KDU to any student are at the absolute discretion of the UOW Malaysia KDU Scholarship Committee.
- The UOW Malaysia KDU Scholarship Committee reserves the right to decide on the number of scholarships and the quantum to be awarded.
- All scholarships / bursaries / discounts are awarded on a first come, first served basis (where applicable), and is subject to the availability of the quota set in that particular scholarship category.
- Applicants are entitled to only ONE (1) scholarship / bursary / discount stated in this booklet at any one time, including scholarship from other institutions / bodies. The one with the highest quantum will automatically apply.
- All academic results must be obtained within one seating in order to be eligible for application for any scholarship / bursary / discount.
- Recipients must repay the scholarship amount consumed up to date in the event of withdrawal from the program.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email or SMS for an interview (where applicable). Only successful candidates will be notified within one month after the interview. Candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship within two weeks, failing which, it will be automatically withdrawn.
- Applicants who did not receive any notification for interview or offer within 2 months after the due date of the application may consider their application as unsuccessful.
- In the event of any dispute on the eligibility of scholarship / bursary / discount, the decision made by the UOW Malaysia KDU Scholarship Committee is final and no appeals will be entertained.
- The scholarships, bursaries and discounts awarded exclude other fees and charges such as application, registration, resource, assessment and moderation fees to partner university (where applicable), all of which must be borne by the recipient.
- The total fees for the first semester must be paid in full. The scholarships, bursaries and discounts (where applicable) will be offset from the second semester onwards, on pro-rated basis.
- The scholarships, bursaries and discounts awarded are not exchangeable for cash or any other alternatives.
- All scholarships, bursaries and discounts are not applicable for English Language programs, part-time programs and short courses which are less than one year of duration.
- Recipients are required to maintain a minimum CGPA set by the UOW Malaysia KDU Scholarship Committee throughout the academic year, in order to enjoy the scholarship in the subsequent years (where relevant). Failure to meet such academic requirement may result in the scholarship being terminated.
- Where applicable, scholarship recipients will be required to sign an agreement accepting the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- All scholarship recipients who received scholarship value of >30% of the tuition fee are required to undergo a Scholars Development Program of 50 hours per semester during the duration of their scholarship, which includes working with different departments within UOW Malaysia KDU for enhanced exposures, acting as an Ambassador of UOW Malaysia KDU at various events, attending leadership development programs etc, in order to continue their scholarship in subsequent year(s).
- All scholarships and bursaries are applicable for duration of the program offered at UOW Malaysia KDU only and are not applicable for the period af study at overseas partner universities.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to comply with all the terms and conditions of the scholarship will be required to repay 100% of the total scholarship amount disbursed to him / her by UOW Malaysia KDU.
- Scholarship will be deducted from the 2nd semester onwards if application is successful. Students will be notified and required to sign a scholarship contract.
- All scholarship is only applicable to the program that the student enrol in at the point when the scholarship contract was signed, it will be terminated if student change program.