|Deadline||3 November 2020|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
Applications for 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarships are now open until 12:00 (midday) GMT on 3 November 2020.
The Chevening-Khazanah Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (“FCO) and Yayasan Khazanah. The programme gives awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from Malaysia to study a one-year taught Master’s degree in any field at top ranking British universities as indicated by the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
Chevening Awards provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. By partnering with Chevening, Yayasan Khazanah is able to provide more opportunities for eligible candidates to gain the invaluable experience of studying in the UK, networking with other Chevening and Chevening/Yayasan Khazanah scholars.
What is included?
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Candidates’ Conditions of Eligibility
- Applicants must be a Malaysian citizen and intend to return to Malaysia at the end of the period of study
- Hold an undergraduate degree that permits entry into a Master’s programme at a UK university
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience, before submitting their Chevening application
- Have not already received or be receiving financial benefit from an Her Majesty’s Government funded scholarship
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020 as set out in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants
- Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British
- Not be employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCO (including FCO Posts), the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or Yayasan Khazanah or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries.
How to apply
We recommend that you review the following pages to help you prepare your application:
All Chevening applicants must submit their education documents, references, and one unconditional UK university offer. The deadlines for these required documents are in the application timeline. Use the ‘update my application’ button above to upload them.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you have submitted these documents in order to remain in the process.
Selection updates and timelines
If you applied for a 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarship you will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status on the online application system. Log in using the details you registered with. Take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.