|19 October 2023
|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
Field of Study for Undergraduate Scholarships (Global and Wira):
- Business (Finance/Business Management/Accounting/Economics)
- Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
- IT and Computer Related (Computer Science, Computer System and Networking, Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering)
All applicants must be Malaysian citizen, proficient in English, passionate, energetic high achiever who is committed to self-development, driven to excel and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and hold leadership positions at school or university clubs.
Undergraduate Wira Scholarship
- STPM/Matriculation/Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 3.5
Terms & Conditions:
- Applicant must not be bonded with other institutions or organisations;
- Successful applicant shall not apply and/or accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources while his/her agreement with Yayasan UEM is still in force;
- Successful applicant, upon graduation, shall be bonded with Yayasan UEM for a maximum of 5 years for Undergraduate Global Scholarship; 3 years for Wira Scholarship; and 3 years for Graduate Accountant Programme;
- Successful applicants are required to pass a medical examination and are subjected to the terms and conditions as stated in the scholarship and bond agreement, which he/she and their guarantors are required to enter with Yayasan UEM;
- Each applicant to bear all cost incurred in the course of applying for this scholarship;
- UEM Group and Yayasan UEM shall not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the applicant(s) due to any delay and/or failure in submitting his/her application online as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the applicant’s internet service provider and/or by UEM Group;
- All matters relating to application and decision made on Yayasan UEM Scholarship Programmes are final. Further correspondence will not be entertained;
- All applicants are to complete the application form and to submit it online before closing date;
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview; and
- Shortlisted applicants must submit his/her original certificates during the interview.
Q: What does the scholarships cover?
A: For both Global and Wira scholarships, Yayasan UEM will covers academic expenses including tuition and examination fees, medical and life insurance, laptop, subsistence allowance and allocation for books as well as study-related equipment (for non-business students).
For Graduate Accountant Programme, Yayasan UEM will among others cover all costs related to ICAEW or CAANZ (registration, tuition and exam fees) as well as application for visa and work permit. As it is a work-study programme, successful applicant will receive basic salary provided by the chartered accounting firm.
Q: Do you accept manual application?
A: No. Only online application will be entertained.
Q: Am I allowed to switch my area of study?
A: Yes, but only with written approval from Yayasan UEM.
Q: If I am awarded the scholarship, can I accept additional financial assistance from other organisations?
A: No. Successful applicant shall not apply and/or accept any other scholarships or forms of financial aid from other sources while his/her agreement with Yayasan UEM is still in force. However financial or other assistance received from the likes of Welfare Department does not fall under this category.
Q: Is there any bond? For how long?
A: Yes. Scholars under Yayasan UEM’s Wira scholarship will have a 3-year bond. Those under Global scholarship will have a 5-year bond and those under Graduate Accountant Programme will have a 3-year bond with Yayasan UEM.
Q: I am an overseas graduate and I have more than 1 year working experience, can I apply for Yayasan UEM Graduate Accountant Programme?
A: No, as it is only open to those who recently graduated from Malaysia’s national public universities (IPTA).
Q: If I need more clarification on the scholarship, who can I call?
A: Enquiries can be directed to [email protected] or contact 03-2727 6982 / 6986.
Q: How do I know that Yayasan UEM has received my application?
A: Upon pressing the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email.
Q: What other documents must I submit with my application? Do I need to submit my transcripts, certifications, and application form by mail?
A: No. Supporting documents are only needed during the interview session.
Q: I have just submitted my application online. Can I edit/review the application again?
A: Yes, you can edit/review your application by clicking the ‘Review’ button before closing date. However, once you click SUBMIT, no more changes can be made to your application form.
Q: I received an error message during/after submitting my application. What should I do?
A: The error could be due to slow/intermittent internet connection or peak usage hours. The following actions can be taken:
- Copy and paste the error message text and codes and send it to [email protected]; or
- Save the screen capture of the error message and send it to the above email.
Q: When can I check my application status?
A: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone. If you do not hear from us after 2 months from closing date, your application is deemed unsuccessful.
Apply Now: https://osms.uemnet.com/Login.aspx