|Deadline||6 April 2021|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified SPM 2020 leavers to apply for education sponsorship to pursue foundation studies locally, leading to undergraduate studies in the United Kingdom.
YSD are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and potential, as well as those who devoted time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility & Minimum Requirement
Applicants for this programme must fulfil the following requirements:
- Age 18 years old or below;
- Obtained at least 7 As (A+ and A only) for SPM 2020 Trial Examination;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM11,000 and below;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting events and community service;
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies
Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to candidates who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to university’s admission offer:
Business related courses:
- Business Studies / Finance
- Digital Marketing
- Human Resources
- International Business (Marketing / Trading)
Engineering and Sciences related courses:
- Mechanical/ Civil/ Electrical /Electronic/ Mechatronic/ Chemistry / Food Technology/ Chemical Engineering
- Agriculture Science
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Plantation Technology and Management
- Town Planning
- Information Technology (Drone & Big Data)
- Genetic & Plant Breeding / Plant Nutrition
- Biology / Microbiology
Note: Scholarships for courses other than those mentioned above are not available.
Appointed Academic Institution
Below is the list of academic institutions accepted by YSD for the scholarship programme:
Foundation studies (2 years):
- Kolej Yayasan UEM
Undergraduate studies at Top Universities in the United Kingdom:
- Oxford University
- University of Cambridge
- University of College London
- Imperial College London
- London School of Economics
- King’s College London
- University of Warwick
- University of Manchester
- University of Bristol
- University of Edinburgh
Value Of Scholarship
The full scholarship includes tuition fees, board and lodging, a computer allowance, shipping allowance, and flight tickets at the beginning and end of studies.
Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to undergo a Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internships at Sime Darby Companies i.e. Sime Darby Plantation Berhad, Sime Darby Property Berhad and Sime Darby Berhad.
Note: Students' admission to the assigned preparatory college will be arranged by YSD.
Service Bond Period
Upon completion of foundation and undergraduate studies in the United Kingdom, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Companies for 5 to 6 years, depending on the value of the scholarships.
Please submit the completed application form, coupled with all relevant supporting documents to the following address:
Scholarship email address : [email protected]
Subject of the email : YSD (name of scholarship programme) 2021_Application form
Application for YSD Scholarship Programmes is opening from 1st March 2021 to 6th April 2021.
Download application form HERE