About the Languages (National language & other languages) Major
The language field of study is about the structure and use of languages, and the literature of particular times and geographic areas. This field of study develops an understanding of the nature, structure, sound and form of language, the development and changes in literary styles, and languages and literature in their social and cultural contexts. It also involves developing abilities in understanding, speaking, reading and writing in a foreign language and in critically analysing literary works and form in their social and cultural contexts.
To find out if you are taking up the right career path, read our Career Guide articles.
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
- Search Results
- Courses by Subject
- Course Explanatory Notes
Courses by Subject
- Pre-University Programme - STPM, A-Levels, SAM, AUSMAT, NSW HSC, Canadian Matriculation, International Baccalaureate
- Accounting & Finance - Accounting, Banking, Finance, Auditing, Taxation
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery & Veterinary - Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery, Veterinary Medicine, Animals/Wildlife Health & Diseases
- Architecture & Building - Architecture, Town planning, Building
- Arts & Design - Fine Arts, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Music, Performing Arts
- Audio-visual Techniques & Media Production - Graphic Design, Animation, Illustrator, Radio, TV & Film Production, Multimedia
- Business Management & Administration - Business Management, Business Administration & operations
- Computing & IT - Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, IT Security, ICT, Database
- Communication & Broadcasting - Journalism, Broadcasting, Communication
- Education - Teacher Training & Education Science, Special Education
- Engineering & Engineering Trades - Automotive, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Chemical, Civil, Materials Engineering
- Environmental Protection - Environmental Technology, Environmental Science, Natural Environment
- Hospitality & Tourism - Hospitality, Hotel Management, Catering, Tourism, Travel Guide
- Humanities - Religion, Theology, History, Archeology, Philosophy, Ethics
- Languages - English, Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic, Literature, Linguistics
- Law - Legal Studies, Syariah Law, CLP
- Manufacturing & Processing - Food Technology, Printing Technology, Furniture Technology, Textiles, Mining & Extraction
- Marketing & Sales - Telemarketing, Retail, Wholesale, Real Estate
- Mathematics & Statistics - Acturial Science, Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics
- Medical Diagnostic & Treatment Technology - Medical Lab Technology, Radiography, X-ray
- Medicine & Healthcare - Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Therapy & Rehabilitation, Pharmacy, Traditional Medicine, Optometry, Biomedical Science
- Occupational Health & Hygiene Services - Occupational Health & Safety
- Personal Services - Domestic Services, Beauty Services & Sports
- Science (Life Science/Physical Science/Applied Science) - Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomolecular Science Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Physics
- Security Services - Military & Defence, Protection of Persons and Property
- Social Sciences - Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Geography
- Social Services - Care of Elderly & Disabled Adults, Childcare, Youth Services, Social Work, Counselling
- Transport Services - Road Vehicle Operation, Aviation, Ship, Maritime, Mall operation
Course Explanatory Notes
The courses offered by each educational institution are arranged in accordance to the levels of education, ranging from pre-U programmes to higher degree levels. The information details in each study course include:
- Course Title- indicates the qualification or award attainable upon completion of the study course.
- Awarding Body - indicates the internal/external awarding body that awards the study qualification.
- Course Fee - indicates the tuition fees (quoted in RM unless stated otherwise) as
per course/year/ semester/month.
- for split degree programmes (partially in Malaysia and balance in overseas), the fee indicated is the combination of local (RM) + overseas (foreign currency). For example, RM15,000 + A$10,000
- Duration - indicates the expected duration of study for the entire course.
- the duration of study can be by month, semester, year or course.
- for split degree programmes, the combined course duration is indicated. For example, "2+1 yrs" means study locally for 2 years and overseas for 1 year.
- "3+0 yrs" means the entire foreign degree programme is completed in Malaysia.
- Entry Requirements - signifies the general entry requirements needed for the
enrolment of a particular course of study.
- the SPM qualification is accepted as equivalent qualification to the 'O' Level, while the Malaysian STPM or UEC qualification is accepted to be of equivalent to the A-Level, SAM, AUSMAT, CPU and UNSW(HSC) qualifications or other equivalents.
- the minimum entry requirement for admission into certificate programmes is SPM with at least 2 credits while the prerequisite for diploma courses is SPM with a minimum of 3 credits.
- as for foundation/pre-university courses, the general acceptance for entry is minimum SPM with 5 credits, while bachelor's degree courses require the minimum qualification of foundation/preuniversity or the STPM.
- Full/Part Time- indicates whether the programme is conducted on a full (F) or part (P) time basis.
- Entirely in Malaysia- indicates whether the course can be completed entirely in Malaysia or has to be partially done in overseas.
- Credit Transfer- indicates the possibility of pursuing a bachelor's degree programme by way of twinning degree arrangement or credit transfer arrangement based on the approved diploma qualification/exemption policy of the university.
- International University - indicates some possible bachelor degree pathways to
overseas universities for diploma Pathway holders (subject to university's policy).
- this segment provides diploma holders with many possible options to further their education at bachelor's degree level that they can choose upon completion of their diploma programmes. However the possible enrolment or exemption is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by respective overseas university.