Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Hons)*
Offered by: International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||8 Sem|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Engineering & Engineering Trades|
|Stream Requirements||Arts/Science Stream|
University Required Courses
· Bahasa Melayu 1 &2 (for International Students)
· Tilawah 1 & 2
· The Islamic Worldwide
· English for Academic Purposes
· Bahasa Melayu Lanjutan (for Malaysian Students)
· Bahasa Melayu untuk Kerjaya
· Islam & Knowledge
Kulliyyah Required Courses
· Quran, Sunnah & Built Environment
· Multidisciplinary Project
B.QS Required Courses
The department required studies consists of 120 credit hours. The studies are divided into three in which they are:
· Cost Studies
· Measurement of Construction Works
· Construction Economics
· Professional Practice and Procedures
· Construction Procurement Management
· Principles of Construction Technology
· Land Surveying
· Construction Law
· Management (Project/Facilities/Value/Business)
Student will be required to spend one full semester during the third year working in the office of an approved private firm of quantity surveyor or the corresponding government department or the larger contracting organizations.
English is the primary medium of instruction. All applicants should submit a score of 550 in the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or 6.0 points in the IELTS (International English Language Testing Services) or EPT ( English Placement Test). The latter is administrated by IIUM. Candidates who do not meet the above requirements may take up language proficiency courses within the university to achieve the required standard. Arabic is employed as a secondary medium of instructions:
Job prospects for Bachelor of Quantity Surveying graduates includes:
· As Quantity Surveyor in major Government Departments and Agencies.
· As Quantity Surveyor with contracting organizations, property and housing developers, construction materials and plant and equipment manufacturers and suppliers, etc.
· As Quantity Surveyor (or owner) in private consulting firm of quantity surveyors.
· As Quantity Surveyor (or Contract Officer/Manager) in Oil and Gas Firms.
· As Consultants to the financial and capital markets, banking and insurance industries.
· As Academic or researcher or others.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.