Course Details
Quest International University (QIU) Logo

Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Teaching of English as a Second Language

Offered by: Quest International University (QIU)
Add to Educart

Ask About This Course

Your Name
E-mail Address
Phone Number
Date Of Birth
Nationality
Qualification
Message
Are You a Robot?
Exam BodyInternal Degree, Malaysia
Course Duration3.5 Yrs
Part Time/Full TimeFull Time
Fees30000/Course
Fees (International Student)Refer to the University
FacultyFaculty of Social Science
Conducted entirely in MalaysiaYes
Level of StudyBachelor's Degree Level
Field of StudyEducation (Teacher Training & Education Sciences)
Course Description

This 3 ½ year programme provides students with a firm grounding in key theoretical and practical concepts related to language, pedagogy and culture. Evidence-based best practices and innovative 21st century teaching techniques are used to help students develop the skills and competencies they require to deliver effective English language instruction. A 16-week Practicum in a secondary school provides students with hands-on experience in planning and delivering instruction and in organising and managing various co-curricular events and projects. This blend of theory and practice is designed to develop passionate and skilled professionals who possess transferable skills that are sought after in a diverse range of professions.

Curriculum
Matapelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU)

Local

  • Hubungan Etnik
  • TITAS
  • Communication Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
  • Malaysian Economy
  • Community Service

International

  • Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
  • Malaysian Studies
  • Communication Skills
  • Malaysian Economy
  • Community Service
University Courses
  • Professional Communication 1
  • Study of Society
  • Understanding Human Behaviour
  • Co-Curriculum
Compulsory Courses
  • Principles of Language Learning and Teaching
  • Introduction to English Literature
  • English Grammer
  • English Phonetics and Phonology
  • Language Acquisition
  • Information Technology in Education
  • Concepts and Theories in ELT
  • Introduction to Socio Linguistics
  • Discourse Analysis
  • Introduction to Linguistics
  • Educational Psychology
  • TESL Methodology
  • English Syntax and Morphology
  • ESL Testing and Evaluation
  • Educational Research Methodology
  • Teaching of English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
  • Prose and Poetry in English
  • Contrastive and Error Analysis
  • Teaching Techniques and Classroom Management
  • Teaching of Literature in ESL Classrooms
  • Teaching of Listening and Speaking Skills
  • Material Selection and Adaptation
  • Theatre in English Literature
  • Educational Management
  • Teaching of English Grammar in ESL Classrooms
  • Research Paper
  • Practicum
  • English Literature
  • Micro Teaching
Elective Courses
  • Revenue Management for Hospitality Firm
  • Housekeeping Management
  • Restaurant Management

Assessment
Students’ ability is gauged both through continuous assessments and a final semester exam. The continuous assessment component comprises tests/quizzes, mid-term examination and projects/assignments that accounts for an allocation of about 60% of the coursework marks.. The remaining of 40%  is allocated for the final examination.

Entry Requirements
English Proficiency  IELTS 6.0 I MUET Band 4
 

 

Matriculation / Pre-University / Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) programme or equivalent

 

 

 

Pass with a minimum of Grade C (GPA 2.00) in any two (2) subjects or its equivalent and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent

 

 

 

Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)

 

 

 

Pass with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a credit in English at SPM or its equivalent;

 

 

 

Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)

 

 

 

Pass with at least grade B in five (5) subjects and pass in English Language subject

 

Recognised Diploma in a related field

 

 

 

 

A Diploma (Level 4, MQF) with a minimum

CGPA of 2.00 or its equivalent and a credit in

English at SPM or its equivalent

 

Other Qualifications Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
Intake Months

April, July, September / October

Career Prospects
  • English Teacher in public, private and international schools, and English language centres
  •  Textbook Writer
  •  Technical Writer
  •  English Materials Developer
  •  Editor
  •  Journalist / Reporter
  •  Public Relations Executive
  •  Interpreter / Translator
  •  Research analyst
  •  Biographer
  •  Advertising / Digital Copywriter
  •  Corporate Communications Writer
  •  English Language Teaching Coach
  •  Literary Critic

All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.


Other Courses in this Level of Study Other Courses in this Field of Study

Back to Courses

Download FREE myCourseGuide
马来西亚的高等教育机会