Privacy Statement & Policy
What data we collect
The personal information we collect about you may include but is not limited to the following:
- Name, addresses, telephone numbers, gender, citizenship, marital status, race, qualifications and age or date of birth
- Email addresses, fax numbers and mobile numbers or social media accounts
- Education related information such as academic history, examination result, recent and previous educational institution attended, learning patterns, career interest and study options necessary to facilitate academic services
- Passport number, NRIC number, nationality and country of residence
- Personal information provided via survey, contest, event, career workshop, competition or other marketing research efforts
- Personal information provided to customer-service representatives to research and resolve issues or questions, or to lodge complains
- Corporate-contract, institution, employer and/or other corporate affiliation (i.e. employer name, title, address and contact information)
- Any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your commercial relation with us
Sources of Information
Your Personal Data has and/or will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable, or such other sources which we may see fit from time to time:
- information provided or submitted by you through, among others, as applicable, Enquiry Form, Activity Form, Survey Form and Membership Form;
- from your usage of our websites and any other information you post on our website, Facebook, email or otherwise sent to us;
- from printed publications, education fairs, education events, career workshops, and/or interest surveys;
- publicly available or publicly accessible information.
As the accuracy of your Personal Data depends largely on the information you provide to us, kindly inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your Personal Data or if there are changes to your Personal Data.
What we do with your personal data
Your personal data may be used to:
- send information to you via email/sms/mail/whatsapp and social media tools from time to time about useful education related information and/or services or products offered by us, or other entities associated to StudyMalaysia, its business associates, and/or its clients
- profile and/or analyse the way you use and access our websites and the pattern and manner of usage
- customise the advertising and content you see, fulfil your requests for certain products and services, and contact you about specials and new products, whether directly or through our partners, sponsors, advertisers, business associates or affiliates but for the sole purpose of fulfilling the functions above which are related to education and training
- research, develop, and improve StudyMalaysia and its related business associates’ services and products
- conduct surveys to determine the use of and satisfaction with StudyMalaysia services,
- generate statistics in relation to StudyMalaysia’s services
- promote and market special offers and other services to you, which may be offered by our advertisers, sponsors, partners or associates
Your personal data may be disclosed to:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- related or associated companies under StudyMalaysia Group, including those established in the future
- companies or individuals that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- trusted business partners and clients for the provision of their services related to education and training
- any parties to whom you have given your consent to disclose this information
- such other parties as may be permitted under the laws of Malaysia
We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners, sponsors, business associates and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Protection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is important to us. StudyMalaysia will take every reasonable care and precaution to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
With effect from 25 May 2018, StudyMalaysia has updated its privacy policies to increase transparency and to comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These changes have been made to help you better understand the work that we have always done to keep your data safe.
If you'd like to learn more about GDPR compliance, please ask us at: [email protected]
Change of Personal Data and Opt Out
At any point in time, should you wish to update your personal data or opt out from our email/sms/mailing list, you may submit such a request to StudyMalaysia via post, email or fax at the following contact details:
60-3, Jalan PJU 1/3B,
Sunwaymas Commercial Centre,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-7880 3837 Fax: +603-7880 7837
Email: [email protected]
We trust that you consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your personal data. If you do not consent to the above, kindly contact us at the abovementioned contact details.
Last Updated: 30 May 2018