NAPEI (National Association Of Private Educational Institutions)
by StudyMalaysia.com on July 13, 2015 | Associations of Educational Institutions
A Brief History of the Association
Established on 15 September 1987, NAPEI represents all levels of private educational institutions in Malaysia. NAPEI seeks to unite all private educational institutions regardless of size. With an initial registration of 26 members, NAPEI’s membership has grown to 61 institutions currently. In line with our government’s vision of promoting Malaysia as a regional centre of educational excellence, NAPEI continues to represent the cause of local private educational institutions with the support from the Ministry of Education and other government agencies.
- To enhance and maintain the quality of education in the private sector
- To be the unifying representative body for all registered private education and education related organisations in the country at national and international levels
- To be the national liaison body with the government and statutory bodies
- To provide research facilities, training, management and development programmes for members of the Association
- To provide educational information to members, other interested organisations and individuals
- To assist institutions in raising all aspects of their professional competency in the administration and operation of their institutions
- To maintain a register of all private institutions in Malaysia
Members' Continuing Benefits
- 10% discount on all events organised by NAPEI (such as education fairs, fairs held at secondary schools, seminars and conferences) and those sponsored by NAPEI. Members do recover their subscription costs if they send multiple participants to NAPEI seminars.
- Advice on all procedural and administrative matters related to your college(s).
- Representation on behalf of your college(s) to the Ministry of Education, MQA and any other agencies in the event of issues and problems
- Raising matters of concern to the newly established Technical Committee on Making Malaysia a Centre of Educational Excellence.
- Updates on all available information on educational statistics and planning policies on courses and enrolment to help in the long term planning and course development of your institution.
- The assurance and confidence of belonging to a national industry association and to be well informed, protected and represented in the industry and by the industry. When NAPEI speaks, people listen – things happen!
Projects and Activities
NAPEI conducts school visits to various secondary schools located in the Klang Valley, and organises education fairs, seminars and conferences.
|National Council (2014)|
|President||Assoc. Prof. Elajsolan Mohan
|Deputy President||Mr. Raja Mohan Seenivasagam
|General Secretary||Mr. Kevin Felix Pereira
|Deputy General Secretary||Ms. Teh Wan Kee
|General Treasurer||Mr. Varatha Raju Munusamy
|Deputy General Treasurer||Ms. Lau Poh Liew
(Yamaha Academy of Music and Arts)
Mr. Tankaraju Muthusamy
Mr. Ng Yee Hing
Ms. Jean Monteiro
Dr. Thong Buan Fook
Edzri Effendi Bin Zainal
Mr. Manivanan Saman
Mr. Sim Koon Chuan
Dr. M. Rajalingam
Mr. Ng Yih Chen
All rights reserved. No part of this editorial contents may be reproduced, copied, translated, or stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent from the publisher Challenger Concept (M) Sdn Bhd (www.studymalaysia.com/challenger)