StudyMalaysia Education Fair 2010 (Sabah)February 8, 2010 | Editor's Desk
The StudyMalaysia Education Fair will be held at the SESB, Karamunsing, Kota Kinabalu on 6 & 7 March 2010. Organised by StudyMalaysia Exhibition, this fair is supported by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri, Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran, and the Ministry of Human Resources.
The fair aims to provide an opportunity for school leavers and their parents to obtain useful and important information on higher education. The exhibition is an effective platform for exhibitors and students to meet and have a two-way interaction and helps students by allowing them to explore their options before making a decision on which course to pursue.
Come and meet face-to-face with more than 30 participating exhibitors comprising both public universities and private higher educational institutions. The exhibitors representing more than 100 educational institutions will be there to showcase their quality higher education courses and provide professional counselling services to school leavers on various study options after SPM, STPM or UEC.
The 2010 fair will be bigger than the one held last year and is expected to attract a crowd of 10,000 visitors.
Besides the participation of higher educational institutions, the organiser also plans to bring various government agencies to meet the visitors at the fair. Among these agencies are:
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) – the government’s national quality assurance agency under the Ministry of Higher Education
- Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri – a state education governing authority under the Ministry of Education
- Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK) – a government agency in charge of skills training and qualifications under the Ministry of Human Resources
- PTPTN – a government agency that provides study loans for higher education in Malaysia
Other planned activities for students at the fair include:
- FREE interest and personality test (limited seats) by qualified career counselor
- FREE seminar by the British Council on the IELTS, including preparation tips. IELTS is an English proficiency qualification required for study abroad or transnational education in Malaysia.
The official media for the event are Sin Chew Daily and New Sabah Times, while www.StudyMalaysia.com is the official online media.
For more information about the fair, please contact Ms. Selene (017-3775534), Mr. Stevent Loy (012-2143778) or log onto www.studymalaysia.com/exhibition.