Who's Who in the Malaysian Education Industry
Chief Executive Officer
International Medical College (IMC)
Christy Chiu is currently Chief Executive Officer of IMC Education Sdn Bhd and Chief Operating Officer of IMU Education Sdn Bhd. She obtained her bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the Monash University, Australia. She is a Fellow of CPA Australia and member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
She was previously an auditor and an accountant in Malaysia and New Zealand. She returned to Malaysia in 1992 and joined IMC as a Financial Controller and continued in IMU as a project leader for Strategic Planning in addition to being the Chief Financial Officer. She has passion to ensure quality medical and healthcare education is accessible to many Malaysians and those in the region.
Mission in Life
- To make difference to people whenever I am placed.
- To excel in all I do.
- To contribute my level best to communities I came in contact with.
Contributions to your institution
I joined as a pioneer staff in 1992 and ensured the college / university’s
- support services expand as the university grew. In expanding, we ensured that students receive quality education and support services.
- corporate governance structure is implemented well.
- community projects are well supported and participated by staff.
- financial resources are sustainable.
Contributions to the education industry
- In working group of MAPCU contributing in drafting proposals for tax incentives for the education industry (2002 – 2006)
- Governing Committee Member in Private Healthcare Productivity Nexus – for education (2018)