Four JPA Scholarships to Continue for 2016
by StudyMalaysia.com on February 3, 2016 | Top Stories
Based on the Budget 2016 revision that was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak on 28 January 2016, four Public Service Department (JPA) sponsorship programmes will continue for 2016.
Program Biasiswa Nasional
Top 20 SPM students will be able to pursue their studies at leading universities abroad
Program Penajaan Bursary (BURS)
744 students to pursue undergraduate studies at public and private institutions of higher learning in Malaysia
Note: This scholarship is open only to recipients of the KPM Bursary 2013 and 2014. Registration for this scholarship begins on 10 February 2016.
Program Khas Kejuruteraan Jepun, Korea, Perancis dan Jerman (JKPJ)
200 students will get to study special engineering programmes in Japan, South Korea, Germany and France
Program Ijazah Dalam Negara (PIDN)
8000 scholarships for students to pursue undergraduate studies in the country
Source: Public Service Department of Malaysia, http://www.jpa.gov.my
In addition, other programmes that will continue are:
- Academic Training Scheme for Bumiputera (SLAB)
- Academic Training Scheme of Public Higher Education Institutions (SLAI)
- National Higher Education Fund (PTPTN) – RM5bil is allocated for undergraduate study loans
Although the government has reintroduced these four JPA scholarships programmes, competition will be stiff as the number of awards for each programme has been reduced. Also, many other scholarship programmes have been put on hold.
Interested in other scholarships you can apply for? Check our updated list here.
- Scholarships & Study Loans For Higher Education
- 10 Reasons Why Your Scholarship Application Was Rejected
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Do checkout if your country is included in the list before applying. D...