Student Info & Guide
by StudyMalaysia.com on July 21, 2016 | Top Stories
Are you all ears? These tips will help you do better in your PT3 listening test.
1The duration of the listening test is 30 mins each for both Bahasa Melayu (03) and Bahasa Inggeris (13).
2Both tests are conducted individually.
3The listening test for Bahasa Melayu (03) is made up of Bahagian A (10 soalan) and Bahagian B (5 soalan). Answer ALL questions.
4In Bahagian A, you will listen to two extracts. In Bahagian B, there are several short listening tasks.
5For Bahasa Inggeris (13), the test is made up of Section A (10 multiple-choice questions) and Section B (10 limited-response questions). You need to answer ALL questions.
6In Section A, you will listen to five recorded texts; and two recorded texts in Section B.
7At the beginning of the recording, you will be given instructions to the listening test. Listen to the instructions carefully.
8From now until the speaking test, spend 10-15mins each day practising with a school friend, your sibling or even your parents. The more practice you get, the better you’ll be in controlling your nerves on the real day.
9And finally, be polite. Greet your examiner at the start of the test and thank him/her when you’re done. It doesn’t hurt to have good manners.
10You can improve your listening skills by listening to radio programmes, the news, or podcasts and practise taking notes as you listen.
- 8 Tips on how to ace the PT3 speaking test
- Technical, Vocational and Skill Training Providers for PT3/SPM Holders
- What Skills Do Employers Want?
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Besides the pre-university route, there are other options you can expl...
- Did you know that the electrical and electronics sector contributed RM...
- The MyQUEST 2014/2015 results have been released. So what has changed ...
- Do you skip classes at college or university? Let’s face it – we a...
- When the novelty of being a fresher has worn off and you’ve ruled ou...