PTPTN - New Adjustment Loan Amounts for Students
by StudyMalaysia.com on November 7, 2014 | Top Stories
The National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN) has announced that it will reduce the amount of money available for new student loans. Beginning this November, the loan amount for students attending public institutions will be reduced by 5% while borrowers from private institutions will now get loan amounts that are 15% lower.
There are three tiers in the new adjustment – students or parents of students listed as recipients of BR1M aid will receive the maximum loan amount; students with household income not more than RM8,000 will receive 75% of the maximum loan amount; while students with household income exceeding RM8,000 would receive only 50% of the maximum loan amount.
The table below shows a comparison between the previous and new loan amount available for students at public and private higher education institutions (HEIs).
|Type of HEI/level of study||PREVIOUS SCHEME
(PTPTN Loan Amount Per Year)
|NEW SCHEME (wef 1-11-14)
(PTPTN Loan Amount Per Year) (RM)
|Full Loan||Partial Loan||Tuition Fee||*Maximum Loan||75% Loan||50% Loan|
Public Universities and polytechnics
|Health science diploma||15,000||
|Bachelor's degree in medicine||30,000||
Source: PTPTN website
*Note: The maximum loan amount will be given if the student or parents of the student is/are listed as recipients of BR1M.
(Note: the figure may be not be updated, for more information, please visit www.ptptn.gov.my)
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Now that SPM is almost over, have you started thinking about what you'...
- Are you a jobseeker looking for better opportunities or a high school ...
- Law is a popular choice of course for many students – but is a caree...
- Have you ever wondered why your career counsellor makes you answer que...
- As Google and Temasek last year revealed that the future e-commerce se...
- Many universities in the UK and Australia accept the English 1119 qual...