Public university academic session 2020 / 21 to start mid-October 2020
by StudyMalaysia.com on March 28, 2020 | Top Stories
Following the extension of the Movement Control Order (MCOP) until 12 May 2020, the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) recommends that all public universities (IPTA) resume the second semester of academic session 2019/2020 between the period of 27 April and 1 June 2020.
In addition, the first semester of academic session 2020/21 is expected to begin in mid-October 2020.
This decision was made after detailed discussions with representatives from public and private higher education institutions. The following factors were taken into account:
- The current MCO and directives related to the management of Covid-19
- The present location of local and international students, where the majority of students are back home with their families
- The safety and welfare of the students
- The readiness of public and private higher education institutions to implement online teaching and learning and a variety of other methods
- The anticipated Hari Raya Aidil Fitri holiday on 24 May 2020; and
- The need to conclude the second semester of academic session 2019/2020 before beginning the first semester of academic session 2020/2021.
In this regard, all IPTA need to manage the return of their students to the campus prudently. It is advised that the students return in phases.
Private higher education institutions are allowed to resume existing semesters and start new semesters according to their respective academic calendars taking into account the factors mentioned.
All public and private higher education institutions need to inform all local and international students of their updated academic calendar.
Do note that this recommendation is based on the Government's latest decision on the MCO. MOHE will notify all higher education institutions of changes arising from the any MCO developments.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Finding the best career means you have to start with finding the right...
- Are you ready for the fourth industrial revolution? Are you prepared f...