School closure and public exams 2020 - what you need to know
by StudyMalaysia.com on November 9, 2020 | Top Stories
In response to the current challenges of Covid-19 in the country, the Ministry of Education (MOE) made an announcement on 8 November highlighting the changes in school operations, including the postponement of public examinations.
Here’s the gist of what you need to know:
- Due to the rise in Covid-19 cases, a conditional movement control order (CMCO) will be implemented in all states in peninsular Malaysia (except Kelantan, Pahang and Perlis), Sabah, and the federal territories of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan from 9 November to 6 December.
- Following this, all schools nationwide, including vocational colleges, under the purview of MOE will be closed from 9 November to 17 December (Group A) and 18 December 2020 (Group B).
- Home-based learning will be implemented during this period.
- Parents of students at hostels or boarding schools will need to pick their children up to return home.
- All primary school students will resume the school term on 20 January 2021 with face-to-face learning.
- Students in Form 1, 4, 5 and 6, and vocational college will also resume face-to-face learning on 20 January 2021.
- Form 2 and 3 students will resume the school term with home-based learning on 20 January 2021. Face-to-face learning will resume on 8 March 2021.
- All private and international schools, including schools not registered with MOE are strongly advised to comply with these measures.
- SPM/SVM/STAM exams will begin on 22 February 2021 whereas STPM will begin on 8 March 2021.
- The rescheduled exam dates will not jeopardise the enrolment process of students at public universities next year.
- The enrolment of students at Sekolah Berasrama Penuh, Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Agama, Sekolah Menengah Teknik, Kolej Vokasional and Maktab Tentera Di Raja for 2021 will be put on hold until further notice.
- Students of MOE’s Matriculation Programme and Institut Pendidikan Guru (IPG) will continue with online learning and self-study until 31 December 2020 and return to their respective colleges to resume their studies on 4 January 2021.
- The Malaysian University English Test (MUET) for matriculation students scheduled from 8 to 19 December 2020 will be postponed to 2021.
- IPG students will return to campus and continue their studies on 17 January 2021.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- If you're a student in Form 4, 5 or 6, it's important that you know ho...
- The Ministry of Education has introduced new subject packages for stud...