The cost of being a student in Malaysia
by StudyMalaysia.com on August 19, 2016 | Top Stories
Here's a quick look at the cost of being a student in Malaysia. Don't forget you can check out on more details of the courses offered in Malaysia here.
|Pre-u courses||Cambridge GCE A-Levels, UK RM19,000-38,000 for 3 subjects||One-year private university foundation programme
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
|Home-grown bachelor degree programmes at private universities||Business degree (3 years)
|Engineering degree (4 years)
|MBBS (5 years)
|Hospitality & Tourism degree (3 years)
|IT degree (3 years)
|Pharmacy degree (4 years)
|Postgraduate degrees||Public university MBA programme
RM21,000-26,000 per course
|Private university MBA programme
RM25,000-36,000 per course
|UK MBA programme in Malaysia
RM55,800 per course
|Other expenses||Estimated cost of living per month:
from RM500 per year
|EMGS application fee (includes medical screening, student pass, visa, student i-Kad; excludes health insurance) approx. RM1470|
Note: The exchange rate used in this article is estimated at USD1 = RM4
What's the average cost of living in Malaysia for students in Malaysia? Read about it here.
Easy money-saving tips
Feeling broke? Here's what you can do to make your ringgit stretch further.
- Buy your books second-hand and sell them when you’re done with them
- Look for student discounts at restaurants and cafés and make use of them
- Watch movies on Wednesdays
- Cook your food at home
- Walk, take public transportation or share a cab – owning a car can add up to a lot of expenses
- Drink water instead of soda or coffee – it's cheaper and healthier in the long run
- Join student activities on campus when you can – it’s probably cheaper than a night out on your own
- Shop only when something is on a discount but buy only what you need
Source: Study in Malaysia Handbook, 10th edition
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Have you already decided what you want to study but still unsure of wh...
TVET diploma holders can now be admitted to bachelor degree programmes at private higher education institutionsWith effect from 21 April, 2020, students who have completed the DKM, ...
- Malaysian students applying to Malaysian colleges and universities fro...
- Attention school leavers! Applying for scholarships? Check this list f...
- It’s no secret that getting a job these days is a tough task. Furthe...
- Are you an international student looking for higher education opportun...