The cost of being a student in Malaysia
by StudyMalaysia.com on August 19, 2016 | Top Stories
Here's a quick look at the cost of being a student in Malaysia. Don't forget you can check out on more details of the courses offered in Malaysia here.
|Pre-u courses||Cambridge GCE A-Levels, UK RM19,000-38,000 for 3 subjects||One-year private university foundation programme
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
|Home-grown bachelor degree programmes at private universities||Business degree (3 years)
|Engineering degree (4 years)
|MBBS (5 years)
|Hospitality & Tourism degree (3 years)
|IT degree (3 years)
|Pharmacy degree (4 years)
|Postgraduate degrees||Public university MBA programme
RM21,000-26,000 per course
|Private university MBA programme
RM25,000-36,000 per course
|UK MBA programme in Malaysia
RM55,800 per course
|Other expenses||Estimated cost of living per month:
from RM500 per year
|EMGS application fee (includes medical screening, student pass, visa, student i-Kad; excludes health insurance) approx. RM1470|
Note: The exchange rate used in this article is estimated at USD1 = RM4
What's the average cost of living in Malaysia for students in Malaysia? Read about it here.
Easy money-saving tips
Feeling broke? Here's what you can do to make your ringgit stretch further.
- Buy your books second-hand and sell them when you’re done with them
- Look for student discounts at restaurants and cafés and make use of them
- Watch movies on Wednesdays
- Cook your food at home
- Walk, take public transportation or share a cab – owning a car can add up to a lot of expenses
- Drink water instead of soda or coffee – it's cheaper and healthier in the long run
- Join student activities on campus when you can – it’s probably cheaper than a night out on your own
- Shop only when something is on a discount but buy only what you need
Source: Study in Malaysia Handbook, 10th edition
You May Also Be Interested In...
- A career in the accounting and finance field can be a very smart decis...
- Calling all final year undergrads and new graduates… if you’re loo...
- Do you love planning events? Are you good at writing? Is socializing s...
STUDYMALAYSIA Group’s services: Here’s how you can plan for your higher education with StudyMalaysiaSTUDYMALAYSIA has a wide range of resources that aim to help students ...
- Since 2012, STPM has adopted a modular system which assesses students ...