UPU Online Application for 2021/2022 Academic Session
by StudyMalaysia.com on June 23, 2021 | Top Stories
Good news for SPM school leavers! The UPU Online Application for the 2021/2022 academic session reopens from 15 JUNE 2021 to 21 JUNE 2021 2 July 2021 for new applications and updating the choice of study programme for those who have already applied.
UPDATE: On Monday (June 21), MOHE announced that the UPUOnline application is to be extended till 2 July 2021 from the original closing date, 21 June 2021. (The Star, 23 JUN 2021)
New applicants are required to send in their applications online by clicking on to UPU's online portal https://upu.mohe.gov.my/ for admission to public universities, polytechnics, community colleges and public skills training institutes.
The 'Unit Pengambilan Universiti' (UPU) is a centralised platform that manages the application process for public universities. This saves students the hassles of having to apply to various universities for different courses. UPU allows you to apply for several courses at different public universities by simply completing one application via one portal. In short, the UPU is the gateway to all public universities in Malaysia.
This period of accepting application is open to SPM school leavers and citizens of Malaysia. Courses offered are at Certificate, Foundation, Matriculation, Diploma and Bachelor's degree levels. Before applying, you should consider your options carefully and your eligibility for the various courses you want. This is to avoid disappointment of rejection or failure to get into courses that you apply for.
How to apply?
The following are steps to follow when applying:
- Buy a PIN from Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) for you to access the UPU website. You can buy it online through MyBSN internet banking. Keep your receipt safely as it contains your unique ID number which is needed for your UPU registration.
- Prepare for application. Go to the UPU official website to register. You need to have an active email account using your full name.
- Check course requirements. Upon registration, you will be able to check the course requirements. Make sure you read ALL the entry requirements for the courses and universities of your choice before applying to avoid wasting of time.
- Fill in the application form.
- Complete your course selection. The crux of this whole application process is your course selection. Choose carefully and arrange your selections with your most preferred course at the top.
- Check and proofread your application. It is crucial to double-check everything before submitting your forms.
- When you are satisfied with your forms, click the "Sah & Hantar" button. Print out the application slip for safekeeping.
- Wait for the results. Certain courses may require you to attend an interview.
Possible Reasons For Failure To Secure A Place
- Applying for courses that you do not qualify for based on your SPM results.
- Choosing a different stream from what you studied in secondary school.
- Missing application deadlines.
Getting a good and sound education comes with challenges. In order to achieve a bright future you must start creating it now by applying for your courses wisely and making informed choices. All the best.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Now that you’ve got your SPM or STPM results, you might be anxious t...
- Are you looking for a reputable institution to pursue your tertiary ed...
- The time has come for the announcement of the Cambridge International ...
- Both public and private higher educational institutions offer bachelor...
- Are you sitting for SPM this year? To help students and parents plan a...
- Internships – Why this attachment may be the most important part of ...