Results for MYQUEST: A Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges
by StudyMalaysia.com on November 12, 2013 | Useful Tips
The results for MyQuest 2012/2013 has been released. Held for the second time, MyQUEST is a rating exercise carried out by the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
The Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges (MyQUEST) measures the quality of higher education services by colleges (under ollege based category), the quality of programmes delivered at colleges (under cluster based category), and the readiness of the colleges to recruit international students (under international student based category).
The MyQUEST evaluation system covers dimensions of input, process and output that emphasise five key criteria including student quality, resources quality, quality management system, programme recognition and graduate recognition.
The evaluation system involves two phases. The first phase allows for self-evaluation where colleges enter information into a web-based system. This is followed by an information audit by appointed auditors to verify the information entered into the system. The MyQUEST evaluation is carried out once in two years, with the first evaluation held in 2011.
The MyQUEST star rating comprises a range of scores: 6 - Outstanding, 5 - Excellent, 4 - Very Good, 3 - Good, 2 - Satisfactory and 1 - Poor. The following is a list of colleges that achieved a rating of 6 (Outstanding) in categories such as college based, cluster based and international student recruitment readiness.
MyQuest (2012/2013) Evaluation Exercise
Colleges which were rated 6-STAR (outstanding) according to the respective categories:
Category: COLLEGE BASED
- Kolej Taylor's Sri Hartamas & Kolej Taylor's Subang Jaya
Category: CLUSTER BASED GENERAL PROGRAMME
- Kolej FTMS, Kolej Antarabangsa INTI Subang Jaya, Kolej Stamford Petaling Jaya, Kolej Taylor's Sri Hartamas and Kolej Taylor's Subang Jaya
Category: CLUSTER BASED ARTS AND HUMANITIES
- Kolej SEGI Kuala Lumpur
Category: CLUSTER BASED SOCIAL SCIENCES, BUSINESSAND LAW
- Kolej SEGi Kuala Lumpur
Category: CLUSTER BASED HEALTH AND WELFARE
- Kolej Perubatan Melaka-Manipal
Category: CLUSTER BASED ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING AND CONSTRUCTION
- Kolej Stamford Petaling Jaya, Kolej UNITI
Category: CLUSTER BASED SERVICES
- Kolej Antarabangsa INTI Subang Jaya, Kolej SEGi Kuala Lumpur, Kolej SEGi Subang Jaya
Category: CLUSTER BASED SCIENCE, MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING
- Kolej Saito, Kolej SEGi Kuala Lumpur, Kolej Stamford Petaling Jaya
Category: INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS RECRUITMENT READINESS
- Institut Teknologi Pertama, Kolej FTMS, Kolej Perubatan Melaka-Manipal, Kolej Presiden, Kolej SEGi Subang Jaya, Kolej Taylor's Sri Hartamas, Kolej Taylor's Subang Jaya, Kolej Global Masterskill Ipoh
Source: Extracted from MOE's press releases in New Straits Times dated 11-12-2013
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) has developed and implemented a ...