|Deadline||26 October 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Alice Smith School is the oldest international school in Malaysia with a rich British heritage and a reputation for educational excellence. Their Sixth Form is well established with a proven track record of academic success and graduating students secure places at excellent universities worldwide, the UK being the most popular destination.
The KLASS scholarship is a full scholarship with the underlying aim to benefit high achieving post-SPM Malaysian students with limited financial means. Scholars will be expected to push themselves in all aspects of learning, attain high levels of excellence in both academic and non-academic fields and become a fully integrated member of our school community.
Applicants will be very strong academically, aiming for an international level of education at a good university, and fulfill all the criteria for entry onto A Levels in our Sixth Form. Together with academic merit, scholarships are awarded on financial need, as such the family of the applicant will be required to disclose income through tax returns.
Given the completion of SPMs in November, it is understood that recipients of the KLASS scholarship will start in January. For this reason, the maximum length of the scholarship is 2½ years. It is anticipated, however, that scholars will complete their A Levels in five school terms, hence scholarships will run from January 2019 to July 2020, with an extension of time into the 2020-2021 academic year only if required. From January until July 2019 of the first year, scholars will join the second term of Year 12 where they will begin their A level study programme.
These are the documents required to apply for an Alice Smith Scholarship:
- Completed application form.
- A 250-word personal statement (see notes below).
- A copy of your SPM forecast results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities, either sports, music, arts, or community service.
- A copy of your parents’ most recent Income Tax Return form and a copy of the e-filing document. This is confidential and is only used to determine financial need.
- You must be able to meet the criteria for entry into our Sixth Form. Please click here for more information.
- The Alice Smith School is a day school, located in Equine Park, Seri Kembangan, some 20 minutes south of Kuala Lumpur. You must be able to stay near enough to the school or to the school bus routes.
- The KLASS Scholarship is a full scholarship. Tuition fees, building levy and enrolment fee will be included. Tuition fees include all textbooks and materials, external examination fees, and curriculum-based trips. Transportation to and from school, lunch, and optional school trips are not included. Additional payment will be required for extracurricular activities not covered in the normal range offered by school, or for surplus on trips.
- Your 250-word personal statement is your opportunity to tell the Alice Smith School why you should become an Alice Smith Scholar. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to the A Level programme, and the extracurricular activities offered at Alice Smith. You also need to demonstrate your ability to fit into an international environment and to aim high in your future goals. You also need to demonstrate that you are a well-rounded student, with both academic and other interests. You may wish to include photographs or videos with your written statement.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted by no later than Friday, 26th October 2018 to the following address:
Ms Agnes Chang
The Alice Smith School
No. 3 Jalan Equine
Equine Park, 43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia