|Deadline||26 October 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
The Alice Smith School is the oldest international school in Malaysia with a rich British heritage and a reputation for educational excellence. Their Sixth Form is well established with a proven track record of academic success and graduating students secure places at excellent universities worldwide, the UK being the most popular destination.
Reach for the Stars scholarships are partial scholarships and can be awarded at both 25% and 50%.
They are awarded to students applying for:
- 18-month A Level Programme (January 2019 intake - likely to be current SPM students)
- 2-year A Level Programme (August 2019 intake - likely to be current (I)GCSE students)
Reach for the Stars scholarships (50%) are awarded on academic merit and financial need. Interested scholars will need to show strong academic performance and the need for financial assistance. Current Alice Smith students in Year 11 are eligible to apply.
Reach for the Stars scholarships (25%) are awarded on academic merit.
All scholarship applicants must be prepared to sit for a non-verbal reasoning test in the event that they are shortlisted and they will also be interviewed.
Alice Smith School team is happy to answer any questions you may have, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with Ms Agnes Chang (Admissions Manager), on +603 9543 3688, ext. 108.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by no later than Friday, 26th October 2018 to:
Ms Agnes Chang
The Alice Smith School
No. 3 Jalan Equine
Equine Park, 43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email: [email protected]
These are the documents required to apply for an Alice Smith Scholarship:
- Completed application form:
- A 250-word personal statement (see notes below).
- A copy of your SPM/(I)GCSE forecast results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities, either sports, music, arts, or community service.
- If you are applying for the Reach for the Stars 50% scholarship, a copy of your parents’ most recent Income Tax Return form and a copy of the e-filing document. This is confidential and is only used to determine financial need.
- You must be able to meet the criteria for entry into our Sixth Form. Please click here for more information.
- The Alice Smith School is a day school, located in Equine Park, Seri Kembangan, some 20 minutes south of Kuala Lumpur. You must be able to stay near enough to the school or to the school bus routes.
- The Reach for the Stars Scholarships are partial scholarships and include: all books, materials, resources and the annual educational week. External examination fees, curriculum-based trips, transportation to and from school, lunch, and optional school trips are not included. Additional payment will be required for extracurricular activities not covered in the normal range offered by school, or for surplus on trips.
- Your 250-word personal statement is your opportunity to tell the Alice Smith School why you should become an Alice Smith Scholar. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to the A Level programme, and the extracurricular activities offered at Alice Smith. You also need to demonstrate your ability to fit into an international environment and to aim high in your future goals. You also need to demonstrate that you are a well-rounded student, with both academic and other interests. You may wish to include photographs or videos with your written statement.