|Deadline||31 October 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Behn Meyer AgriCare ("BMA") has a very long history of supporting the Malaysian agriculture industry and is in the fore front of providing the best quality and most up to date solutions to the full spectrum of agriculture players including large estates to the small holder/farmers.
BMA has a strong commitment to supporting the local agriculture industry in every aspect and believes that the education and advancement of the local agriculture community is one of the key cornerstones to the continued sustainable growth and modernisation of the industry.
To this end, the BMA Education Fund Scholarship is offered by BMA to provide higher education opportunities to deserving young Malaysians. This scholarship offers full tuition fees, living expenses as well as required education aids to the recipients.
Eligibility Criteria & Terms And Condition Of Scholarship
The following terms and criteria shall apply to the Behn Meyer AgriCare Education Fund Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen no older than 25 years of age at the date of application.
- The applicant must have a valid offer to study in a local Public University (“the University”) for an Agriculture-based Course (the said “Course”) in order to qualify for selection.
- The applicant must possess good results in O-level/SPM/A-Level/STPM/UEC or other standardised examinations of similar level. Students who have not obtained their final results or certificate are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is not open to anyone whose parent/legal guardian is a past or present employee of the Behn Meyer Group of Companies.
- Trial Examination results are not admissible for consideration of the scholarship.
- Each applicant may only submit ONE (1) application.
- The applicant must not be bonded or be in receipt of any other financial aid or rewards from other organisations or institutions.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with Behn Meyer AgriCare (M) Sdn. Bhd. (“BMA”).
- The applicant must produce original copies of their examination results and all other relevant documents during the interview.
- The selection committee’s decision in all matters pertaining to the selection of the scholarship is final. No appeal, inquiry or correspondence will be entertained.
- The scholarship recipient must not discontinue or switch courses or take up any full- or part-time employment while pursuing the said Course without the prior written approval of BMA unless such employment is part and parcel or related to the said Course.
- The recipient is not allowed to participate in any form of illegal activity or join any unlawful organisations which in the opinion of BMA would embarrass or cause disrepute to all parties concerned throughout the study period.
- The recipient is to attend all classes, lectures, tutorials and lessons as required by the said Course regularly and diligently unless he or she is medically unfit to do so.
- The recipient must meet all requirements set by the University in order to be eligible for the next semester’s scholarship awards. The recipient is required to obey all the rules and regulations of the University at all times and is expected to conduct himself/herself in a respectable manner.
- This scholarship shall be granted solely on an ex-gratia basis. BMA is not obligated to extend the award beyond the existing academic period and has full discretion to discontinue the scholarship at any time whatsoever without assigning any reasons.
- All recipients are required to attend an internship with BMA during their yearly breaks until the completion of their course. All internship periods will be notified in writing. Internship allowances will be paid by BMA.
- BMA reserves the right to add to or amend the rules and regulations contained herein without prior notice. No complaints whatsoever shall be entertained.
- In the event of any conflict between the Chinese and English versions of this application’s eligibility criteria & terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail and shall be the principal and primary text of interpretation.
- Any false particulars, information, documents, untruthful material facts or misrepresentations will subject the applicant to disqualification.
- All recipients are required to submit their invoices/receipts for tuition fees, books, registration fee, rentals and any other expenses relevant to their studies by a deadline to be notified by BMA. BMA will reimburse all approved expenditure up to the sum of RM10,000 per year per student on a yearly basis until the completion of their course subject to the terms stipulated herein.
The scholarship is worth RM10,000 per year per candidate until the completion of the recipient’s course, subject to terms and conditions.
How To Apply
Download the application form here.
Complete the application form before submitting it online with the required documents. Applicants may submit their application forms at https://www.behnmeyer.com/scholarship-online-form
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted within 1-2 months after the closing date.
The closing date for application is 31 October 2018.
For further inquiries, email email@example.com or contact 03-8026 3463 (Ms. Julie Leong).
Click here to view Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) of the scholarship.