|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
Bank Pembangunan Malaysia wholly owned by the Malaysian Government through Ministry of Finance Inc. is committed to nurturing young Malaysian talents who will contribute to the nation’s development agenda, through our BPMB Award of Group Undergraduate Scholarship (BAGUS) programme. The program is open to Malaysia’s outstanding students to pursue undergraduate degree in banking-related discipline at leading universities in Malaysia and abroad.
The BAGUS programme is open to eligible Malaysia’s outstanding students who have secured a placement in selected leading local* and overseas universities in various disciplines and meet the following minimum general criteria:
- Citizen of Malaysia
- Age at least 17 years old and not more than 23 years old.
- Completed Pre-university/Foundation/Matriculation/Diploma programme and achieved excellent examination results in any of the following:
- STPM / A-Level: Minimum of 3As
- Diploma / Matriculation: Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum ATAR of 80%
- American Foundation Programme: Minimum SAT score of 1,200
- SPM: Minimum 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or equivalent.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and potential.
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities and sports.
- Applicants must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from other organizations/foundations.
- Application from undergraduate students in year 1 will also be considered.
Our scholarship recipients will have access to the best learning experience at top universities to further their studies:
- Business (Accounting, Business & Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Economics)
- Engineering and Technology (Engineering, Information Systems, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science, Data Analyst)
- Other Banking-related Studies (Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Law, Shariah-related, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology, etc)
This scholarship includes tuition fees, subsistence, and related scholarship allowances.
Upon successful completion of the undergraduate program, scholars will be offered employment opportunity at BPMB Group and will bonded to serve the Bank for a maximum of six (6) years.
Applicant may submit the application using forecast results from May 2023 onwards. The official results must be produced once available. Selection will be based on actual results only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for assessment and interview.
* List of local universities :
- Universiti Malaya (UM),
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM),
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) and
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Submit your application to [email protected] or to the address below:
BPMB Award of Group Undergraduate Scholarship (BAGUS)
Level 20, Menara Bank Pembangunan, Bandar Wawasan
1016, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2611 3888
Fax: 03-2698 43195