|Deadline||31st August 2017|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
Founded by forward thinkers and innovators, iPrice Group was established with the aim to improve the online shopping experience for both consumers and online merchants. As we reach our 3rd year anniversary come October 2017, we would like to celebrate the occasion by inspiring the innovators of tomorrow by launching the iPrice Innovators Grant.
This grant is a special initiative for students both in high schools and in tertiary education to become a problem solver in real life challenges by providing e-commerce related innovative ideas. By the 14 October 2017, 5 winners will be chosen and be given grants worth up to USD $ 1,500.
Who can apply?
Regardless if you’re in high school or in your tertiary education, we would love to hear your innovative ideas. Unveil the innovator within you!
How to apply?
Give us a glimpse of your ideas by writing an essay within 1,000 to 2,000 words. Only one individual is allowed per-application.
Your essay should highlight the challenges or difficulties faced by an individual or an organisation close to you and describe how can e-commerce help overcome such challenges.
For example: An idea how an e-commerce can help effectively deliver food supplies to rural communities, a useful service from e-commerce to help a single mother to juggle her tasks or an idea how ecommerce can be used as a tool to help offline businesses grow.
Once ready you may email your essay to [email protected] with the following details:
- Name as per ID:
- Residing address:
- Your social media profile:
- Name of School/College/University:
- Title of your essay:
- Attach the following in your email:
- Scanned copy/picture of your student card
- Your essay in pdf format
The subject of your email should be written in this manner: Name of country - Title of Essay - your name.
Example: Malaysia - Strategies for Single Mothers - Abu Bakar
Successful applicants will need to go through two rounds before we decide the top 5 students:
- Preliminary Round (Essay) – 15 May 2017 till 31 August 2017
Top 5 finalists will be chosen based on:
- Originality of idea
- Demonstrates practicality, effectiveness and demand for your innovative solution
- Be as detailed as possible in a concise manner (within the word limit)
- Essays with complementary visual illustrations (pictures, video, graph, etc) is a plus
- Final Round (Video)
To win, finalists are required to inspire and present their innovative solutions in their best possible manner through a video. In the video, finalists are required to:
- Record a video explaining your innovative solution within 5 minutes
- Publish your video on YouTube with title iPrice Innovators Grant: (title of essay)
- Share your video on your social media channels and hashtag #iPriceInnovatorsGrant
Applicants may submit their essays in either one of these languages:
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Bahasa Indonesia
Please note, any submissions not in one of the languages mentioned will not be entertained.
Awarding of iPrice Innovators Grant
The 5 finalists will be chosen. They will receive an e-certificate and USD $100 grant each.
iPrice will judge and determine a single winner, where he/she will be declared the winner of the iPrice Innovators Grant and bag an additional USD $1,000.
Terms & Conditions:
- Only one entry per participant is allowed.
- Essay submission ends by 11.59PM (GMT +8, Kuala Lumpur), 31st of August 2017.
- Finalist will be announced by email on Monday, 7th of September 2017.
- The top 5 finalists should submit their video by 25th of September.
- Winners will be announced on 14th October 2017.
- The finalists and winning entry will be chosen by iPrice Group. Decisions from iPrice Group are final.
- By submitting essay/video applicants agrees that iPrice Group reserves its rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names of all Participants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organiser further reserves its right to use any personal data of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and Participant is deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]