|Deadline||31 March 2018|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
Taiwan Scholarship 2018 offered by Ministry of Education, ROC (Taiwan) is now open for applications till the end of March.
The MOE Taiwan Scholarship Program encourage outstanding Malaysian students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Taiwan by awarding each recipient tuition and miscellaneous expenses of NTD 40,000 each semester. For recipient undertaking undergraduate studies will also be granted a monthly stipend of NTD 15,000 and recipient who undertaking postgraduate studies will get stipend of NTD 20,000 per month.
Eligible applicants should submit scholarship applications form to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia with required documents by March 31, 2018.
Should you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Education Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia at 03-2161- 4439 ext 184 / 185, 03-2162 -3228 or email: [email protected]
- Applicants must be a Malaysian with at least STPM, UEC, accredited Diploma, A-Level, Foundation, Matriculation program or any other equivalent academic qualifications, with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
- A person in any of the following categories is ineligible to apply:
- An R.O.C. national or an overseas Chinese student.
- A person who already has and is continuing to maintain student status at any university/college in Taiwan or who has already registered to begin studies at such a university/college. This restriction does not apply to a student who will be graduating after completing a degree that year. They may apply for a Taiwan Scholarship to pursue a higher degree.
- A person who has already studied in Taiwan for a degree at the same level as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
- An exchange student or dual/joint degree student who has been admitted to a university/college in Taiwan in accordance with an academic cooperation agreement between that university/college and an overseas university/college.
- A person who has already been a Taiwan Scholarship recipient for a total of five years.
- A person who has ever previously had their Taiwan Scholarship or MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship revoked.
- A person who has received any other scholarship or subsidy from any Taiwan Government institution (organization) or any education institution in Taiwan, apart from any subsidies provided for a Taiwan Scholarship recipient by their university/college to cover the outstanding amount if the total amount of their tuition and other fees exceeds the scholarship limit.
- Applicants must apply directly to the university/college for admission within the application deadline. Each university/college sets its own application deadline.
Applicants must submit the following documents to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia before March 31st, 2018:
- A Taiwan Scholarship Application Form.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- A photocopy of their highest academic award and of the associated academic transcripts. Applications must be in compliance with the provisions of Subparagraph 2 of Paragraph 1 of Article 7 of the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan. Documents in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English and the translated documents must be authenticated.
- Photocopies of documentary evidence that the applicant has already applied to a university/college in Taiwan (for example, photocopies of the application fee remittance, the application form, and a notice or email from the university/college acknowledging receipt of the application.)
- A photocopy of a language proficiency certificate:
- For applications to undertake a program not completely taught in English: Since Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) is held in Malaysia, a copy of the test results or a certificate at Level 3 or above must be submitted. Results or certificates from any other Chinese proficiency test will not be accepted. Please check the website of Taiwan Education Center Malaysia for further information about TOCFL 2018: http://tecmy.ntu.edu.tw *For those who is planning to take TOCFL examination in April, please submit your certificate for applying examination.
- For the applicant wants to undertake a program completely taught in English, the applicant is required to submit TOEFL test scores or other English language proficiency exam documents or an English program diploma that is recognized by the Malaysian government. The degree program completely taught in English that an applicant is applying to undertake must have been accredited by the MOE. If the English-language degree program has not been accredited by the MOE, then the applicant must obtain a document formally issued by the university/college (not a subsidiary department or unit) that the applicant wants to attend certifying that the degree program in question is fully taught in English.
- Two reference letters – from a principal, a college or university president, professors, and/or supervisors – personally signed, and placed in sealed envelopes.
- Any additional documents specified by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia (if necessary).
- Send the application documents by registered mail to the following address:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia
(Taiwan Scholarship )
Level 7, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak,
200, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2162-3228 / 03-2161-4439 ext 184 / 185