|Deadline||21 March 2019 (5.00 pm)|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local & international|
Since 1975, PETRONAS has awarded education sponsorships to more than 36,000 deserving students possessing high academic calibre who dare to push boundaries with a performance mindset and leadership capabilities. This continues to be pursued by PETRONAS which focuses on nurturing the right talent that will ultimately contribute to the growth of the company and the nation.
Application for the Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme (PESP) is once again open to outstanding Malaysians to pursue undergraduate studies in oil and gas related fields. Eligible candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed prior to final selection.
The sponsorship is opened for students aspiring to pursue their undergraduate studies at the higher learning institutions as follows:-
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS including 1-year Foundation Programme.
- Overseas Universities including up to 24 months at Pre-University Programme in Malaysia.
- Malaysian citizens aged between 17 - 19 years old in 2019
- Strong leadership skills and active participation (demonstrable) in extracurricular activities
- Academic qualification required for the sponsored programme:
||Minimum 9A- in SPM 2018, with minimum A for the following subjects:
||Minimum 9A- in SPM 2018, with minimum A for Mathematics|
PETRONAS YoungStars Day (PYD)
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend PYD at identified date and venue. During the PYD, the candidates will be assessed to measure the students’ potential via series of assessments which consist of the following:-
|First phase (Online)||Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)||To assess candidates’ personality /potentials|
|Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA)||To assess cognitive abilities focusing on Problem Solving and Critical Thinking|
|Second phase (Interview)||Student Potential Assessment (SPA)||To measure leadership and interpersonal skills|
Process & Schedule
|Online Application System opens||14 March 2019|
|Online Application System closes||21 March 2019|
|Announcement & Invitation for PETRONAS YoungStars Day (PYD)||April 2019|
|PETRONAS YoungStars Day (PYD)||April 2019|
|Announcement of Sponsorship Award||May 2019|
|Reply on acceptance/rejection of Sponsorship Award||June 2019|
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications must be submitted via online application system at https://educationsponsorship.petronas.com.my.
- NO processing fee is required for PESP application.
- Notification of successful candidates for the PYD will be announced via https://educationsponsorship.petronas.com.my. The same username and password will be required for log-in purposes.
- Incomplete or late application will not be processed.
- Applications open from 14th March 2019 and closes on 21st March 2019 (5.00 pm).
- Click Guideline for PESP Applicants 2019 and FAQ for your reference.