|Deadline||May 2018 intake: 6 Apr & 23 Mar 2018 | July 2018 intake: 1 Jun & 18 May 2018 | September 2018 intake: 3 Aug & 20 July 2018|
|Organisation Type||Private Higher Educational Institutions|
|Organisation Address||UCSI University, Kuala Lumpur Campus (North Wing), Jalan Choo Lip Kung, Taman Taynton View, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Back to Scholarships Page
The UCSI University Trust Graduate Scholarship is offered to qualified Malaysian and International candidates enrolled in any of the Master's degree or Doctorate programmes at UCSI University.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree - at least 2nd upper class with honours or its equivalent, or a Master’s degree from a recognised university.
- Application is opened to Malaysian and International students pursing full time postgraduate studies at UCSI University.
- Application must be supported and recommended by the respective faculty and HOD of the programme who is responsible for the supervision and assessment of the candidate’s postgraduate studies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A) Course-based Programme*
- The scholarship awarded is in the form of full or partial tuition fee waiver and is neither transferable to another candidate nor exchangeable for cash.
- The candidate must be full-time registered student at UCSI University and meet both the academic and English Language requirements. Duration of the Scholarship is to follow the minimum duration the programme the candidate enrolled in or to follow a pre-agreed duration.
- UCSI University Trust scholars may be expected to assist their supervisor and/or the University as Teaching Assistant for a pre-agreed duration. The nature of the assistantship will be determined by the Dean of the Faculty to which the candidate belongs to.
- At the end of each semester, the candidate’s HOD of the programme/Dean will assess his/her performance in the programme and make recommendation on the continuation of the scholarship or otherwise.
- The candidate must meet minimum performance requirement set by the faculty throughout the semesters. Warning letter will be given if the candidate fails to maintain the required performance. If the situation persists, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
B) Research-based programme **
- The scholarship awarded is in the form of full or partial tuition fee waiver is neither transferable to another candidate nor exchangeable for cash.
- The candidate must be full-time registered student at UCSI University and meet both the academic and English Language Requirements.
- Duration of the Scholarship is to follow the minimum duration the programme the candidate enrolled in or to follow a pre-agreed duration.
- UCSI University Trust scholars are required to submit a Research Project Proposal to the Faculty within 3 months from the commencement of their postgraduate programme.
- Based on the Research Project Proposal, subject to the faculty’s and CERVIE’s approval, a monthly stipend may be accorded to the candidate for a duration.
- Publication of research at the International Journals* is required for the candidates:
- Master’s degree programme – 1 journal publication
- Doctorate programme – 2 journal publications
*Scopus Index Journal
- UCSI University Trust scholars may be expected to assist their supervisor and/or the University as Research or Teaching Assistant for a pre-agreed duration. The nature of the assistantship will be determined by the Dean of the Faculty to which the candidate belongs to.
- At the end of each semester, the candidate’s supervisor and dean will assess his or her performance in the programme and make recommendation on the continuation of the scholarship or otherwise
- The candidate needs to submit progress report to the Faculty and UCSI University Trust for every semester.
- The candidate is required to sign an Intellectual Property Agreement with UCSI University.
- If there is position offered by UCSI University or UCSI Group, the recipient should commit himself or herself to work for UCSI for minimum 1 year (Master’s degree programme) and 2 years (Doctorate programme) after he/she received the letter from Senate as an indication of completion of his/her postgraduate programme.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applicants must submit their application form for prompt approval. Late and incomplete application will not be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed by the UCSI University Trust via email of the date, time and venue of the interview within 7 days after the submission deadline.
- All fees and cost that are not covered by the scholarship are to be borne by the candidate.
- While on UCSI University Trust scholarship, all candidates are NOT to be bonded by other educational institutions or organisations.
- All candidates have to sign an agreement with the UCSI University Trust and observe the terms and conditions as set therein.
- The candidate agrees to pay back the amount of scholarship allocation consumed up to date in case of withdrawal before the completion, and all the entitlements will be automatically cease with immediate effect.
- All information provided by the candidate must be true and correct. If inaccurate information is provided the scholarship will be withdrawn. In such event, the candidate must reimburse UCSI University Trust the amount of scholarship allocation (excluding monthly stipend) received up to the day when the scholarship is withdrawn.
- The number of scholarship and the quantum to be offered is at the discretion of scholarship selection committee.
- In the event of a dispute on the eligibility for the scholarship, the decision made by the selection committee is final and no appeals will be entertained.
- The terms and conditions of scholarship may be altered and amended from time to time as deemed appropriate by the UCSI University Trust.
- MBA (BOS)
- MBA Oil & Gas Management
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Arts and Design
- Master of Child Psychology
- Master of Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Philosophy in Engineering
- Master of Science (Health Sciences)
- MSc Actuarial Management
- MSc Logistics Management
- MSc in Technopreneurship
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Biotechnology with Business Management
- MSc Food Science
- MSc Food Science with Business Management
- MSc (Healthy-Aging, Medical Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine)
- MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- MSc Pharmaceutical Technology
- MMus in Performance Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
- Industrial PhD in Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business and Management)
- M.Sc. - Applied Sciences, by Research
Application and Submission Timeline
|Malaysian Students||International Students|
|January 2018||1 December 2017||17 November 2017|
|May 2018||6 April 2018||23 March 2018|
|July 2018||1 June 2018||18 May 2018|
|September 2018||3 August 2018||20 July 2018|
Click here to download application form.