|Deadline||12 October 2018 / 16 November 2018 / 19 December 2018 / 4 March 2019 / 7 June 2019 / 24 May 2019|
|Organisation Type||Scholarships for Oversea Studies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
Support your studies with a Western Sydney University (UWS), Sydney City Campus International Student Scholarship. UWS help students to achieve their academic ambitions and personal goals while recognising and rewarding top talent.
All international student applications to study at Western Sydney University, Sydney City Campus will automatically be considered for a scholarship.
Western Sydney University, Sydney City Campus is offering a $3,000 bursary to international students enrolling into an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
The bursary is applicable to students residing in:
SOUTH EAST ASIA: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Mongolia, Cambodia, Philippines, Singapore
NORTH ASIA: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan
Courses and Intake
Applies to any undergraduate or postgraduate course available to study at the Sydney City Campus for the following intakes:
|Quarter 4 (September)
Session 3 (October)
|3 September 2018
12 October 2018
|Quarter 1 (January)
Session 1 (March)
Quarter 2 (April)
Session 2 (June)
Quarter 3 (June)
|16 November 2018
19 December 2018
4 March 2019
7 June 2019
24 May 2019
Students must satisfy all academic and English entry requirements and accept your Offer by the deadline date given above for the respective commencing session.
Application and Selection Process
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a bursary. If you are successful, your bursary offer will be outlined in your Offer of Admission letter. Bursaries offered to students commencing study in 2019 are limited. Selection for each intake will be based on early acceptance by the published deadlines.
To be eligible for the Bursary a student must:
- be a new international student commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney in 2019, for the first time
- be a first time applicant, applying for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate program after 20 August 2018
- be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- be a citizen of Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand or Vietnam
- satisfy the academic and English requirement for the undergraduate or postgraduate degree you are applying to
- accept your Admission Offer by the deadline above
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- currently have an existing offer for study in 2019 (any intake)
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University
- are a cross institutional applicant
- are an SIBT graduate
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- are awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University in 2019 (any intake).
- have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing
All amounts are quoted in Australian dollars.