|Private Sector / Organisation
|Study Local or Abroad?
The late Mr Lim Yee Hoh was born in Malaysia into a Hokkien family in 1924. His grandfather migrated to Malaysia from Fujian Province in the late 1800’s and started a business in rubber plantations, trading and processing began as the Yee Seng Group. Lim Yee Hoh was active in the various Chinese and Hokkien clan associations in Malaysia. He passed away in 2005.
Apart from being a well-established business personality in Malaysia, the late Lim Yee Hoh was also a fond lover of art, music, and local culture. He provided strong support to the local music scene and was a generous patron and a cellist of the Kuala Lumpur Symphony Orchestra. He took great pains to support artists of South East Asia by buying their early works. He also paid significant attention to the works of modern-day Chinese paintings.
To continue his patronage, he set up a company limited by guarantee in 1980 as the Lim Yee Hoh Foundation dedicated to undertaking the charitable promotion and advancement of art, music and cultural activities, thus contributing to the advancement of the field of art, music and culture in Malaysia. Through it, he would ensure his lifelong passion of supporting upcoming artists way into the future.
Yayasan Lim Yee Hoh Bursaries offer up to 75% off the monthly rent to art students, artists or those pursuing art or performing arts as a career. Please contact us for more information about our bursaries.
1. All rentals must be paid fully in advance before expected check-in date
2. Bursary applications to be reviewed based on the following criteria:
2.1 For applicants who are art students, artists or pursuing art as a career
2.2 For applicants below a monthly household income of RM4,000
2.3 Bursaries will be offered to each applicant for up to 12 months only and it is subject to APPROVAL
2.4 Applicants are required to submit copy of salary slip ( last 3 months)
3. All payments are via bank transfer only (no cash, credit card and cheque payments allowed)
3.1 Proof of payments must be email to [email protected]
4. Minimum tenancy period is for 12 months
5. 2 months termination notice is required prior to termination date
6. Successful application for accommodation is subject to the availability of beds (first come first serve basis)
7. Room assignment is at the sole discretion of the Management of HEART
8. Please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] if you have further queries
Payable to: YAYASAN LIM YEE HOH
Bank name: CIMB
Account number: 8604197328
Yayasan Lim Yee Hoh
Reg. No. 198001006417 (60201-M)
House of Art (HEART)
64 Jalan Rotan
50460 Kuala Lumpur
APPLY NOW: https://heartproject.com.my/bursaries/