|Deadline||30 April 2019|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organisation|
|Fund Type||Education Funds|
|Study Local or Abroad?||Local|
Yayasan Sime Darby extends its scholarship assistance to Sime Darby Companies' employees' children to pursue tertiary education in local public and private universities.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicant for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Obtained at least Minimum CGPA of 2.50 for STPM/Pre-University/Foundation/Local Matriculation/Diploma/minimum 5 credits for SPM;
- Both parents are Malaysian;
- Employee (child’s parent) must be in full time employment in Sime Darby Companies or its subsidiaries in Malaysia only;
- Employee (child’s parent) who is currently seconded to Sime Darby Companies' subsidiaries outside Malaysia is eligible for this sponsorship;
- Employee (child’s parent) per capita income must not exceed RM3,000 per month;
- This privilege will not be extended to employees in associated corporations (‘Associate Companies’ refer to companies which Sime Darby Companies' shareholding is less than 50%);
Accepted Fields of Study and Universities
The bursary is open to individuals pursuing any field of study at any recognised academic institution in Malaysia except for:
- Allied health sciences
The bursary is open to any recognised academic institution in Malaysia.
Value of Scholarship
This bursary award covers tuition fees, living and book allowances up to a maximum amount of RM25,000 per year.
Note: YSD will only cover expenses incurred after the bursary is awarded to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
Bursary recipients are not required to serve any of Sime Darby's business entities.
Application period for 2019 is open from 8 April 2019 until 30 April 2019.
Please submit the completed application form, coupled with all relevant supporting documents to the following address:
Education Sponsorship Team
Yayasan Sime Darby
Block C, Level 2, Plantation Tower
No. 2, Jalan PJU 1A/7, Ara Damansara
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Please be informed that only hard copy applications submitted to the above mentioned address will be accepted.