Diploma in Culinary Arts
Offered by: City University Malaysia
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Diploma Malaysia|
|Course Duration||3 Yrs|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Diploma Level|
|Field of Study||Hospitality & Tourism|
This program provides students with knowledge, skills and experience of kitchen management and operation. It focuses on the general principles of identification of equipments, tools, utensils, food products and ingredients, procedures of hygiene and sanitation, kitchen safety and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point-a preventive system of food control).
This step-by-step module includes vegetable cuts, soups and souces, basic culinary skills, breakfast cookery, Malaysian and internatinoal cuisine. As part of the programme, students have to attend two semesters of industrial training which will help them gain real life experience of kitchen hospitality and develop confidence for entering the work force in the future.
• Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/ Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) with minimum 3 credits in any subject; OR
• Passed O-Level with at least a full pass in 3 subjects; OR
• Passed Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with minimum a Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
• Passed Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related area and passed SPM with minimum a credit in one (1) subject and has undergone strengthening program
• Passed Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with minimum grade C (CGPA 2.00) in one (1) subject; OR
• Passed STAM (maqbul rank); OR
• Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government
Food Critics (television, newspapers, magazines or the internet), R&D Assistant
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.