Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
Offered by: International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Enquiry Was Successfully SentThank you for using Studymalaysia's Course Enquiry system. Your enquiry will be attended to shortly.
Please check your e-mail for a reply from us or the institution. Do quote the Ticket Number (e.g. #54820994) when corresponding with us. Thank you.
|Exam Body||Internal Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||8 Sem|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time|
|Faculty||Kulliyyah of Information Technology and Communication|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Bachelor's Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Computing & IT|
|Stream Requirements||Science Stream|
Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) is an undergraduate degree programme offered by the Department of Information Systems (DIS) under the Kulliyyah/Faculty of Information and Communication Technology (KICT) at the International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM). This programme will provide a course of study for students who want to understand information systems from a technological perspective, the organizational contexts in which these systems are developed and the business environments which determine how the systems can be used to create value. It provides an excellent preparation for graduates seeking a challenging and rewarding career in this field, offering a high level of knowledge and skills in both IT and management.
* A Pass at the SPM level or equivalent with good grades, AND
* A Credit in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia at the SPM level or
* Having sat for the "Malaysian University English Test"(MUET), AND
* A Diploma or any other Equivalent Qualification recognized by the Government of Malaysia and approved by the Senate of the University OR
* A Pass in the STPM examination with at least:
* Grade C (Subject Grade Point/ "Nilai Gred Mata Pelajaran") (NGMP) of 2.00 in the General Paper; and
* Grade C (Subject Grade Point/ "Nilai Gred Mata Pelajaran") (NGMP) of 2.00 in two(2) other subjects taken
Specific Admission Requirements
A Diploma in Information Technology / Information Systems. Computer Science or any others related area with a CGPA of 3.0 or above. OR
At least "B" Grade (NGMP 3.00) in anyone of the following subjects in STPM :
* At least 4B in English Language/English 1119 at the SPM level or equivalent OR MUET Band 3
* A Credit in Mathematics/Additional Mathematics at the SPM level or equivalent
* A Credit in "Pendidikan Islam/Tasawwur Islam" at the SPM level or equivalent
* Credits in any three (3) subjects in SPM/equivalent
* At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education 'Advanced Level' (GCE) 'A' Level Examination (UK Educational System); OR
* International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six (6) subjects; OR
* Any other qualification that is recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above.
All fees are in RM (Ringgit Malaysia) currency unless stated otherwise.